Programming MD FIRST into BCD536HP Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDRadioGuy

I live in Western MD am very new to programming P25 systems. I am trying to program in the new MD FIRST system in my BCD536HP. I did a "discovery" search and picked up 772.9937 at an S-7 and it shows on the screen as DAT. Is this the control channel? How do I program it in to decode so the scanner is not hung up on this one freq.

Thanks.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
FIRST is already in Sentinel. You don't need to program it, it's already there. Make sure the database is up to date in Sentinel, and written to the scanner from Sentinel.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Jon has given you the easiest way. I see you're newer here. Need some help? Have you used Sentinel before? Any questions, just ask. Myself or someone can chime in.

MDRadioGuy

Thanks guys for your quick responses. I have Sentinel and know how to use it , but I live in Allegany County and so far MD FIRST is not programmed in. That's why I listed the one freq I pickup easily and was asking for help to program it to decode it myself.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's in Sentinel. Look under other counties. You can copy the entire system from any county that shows it.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
FIRST is listed in Allegany County in Sentinel. Very last under Statewide (First Responders Interactive Radio System Team (FIRST)).

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
FIRST is listed in Allegany County in Sentinel. Very last under Statewide (First Responders Interactive Radio System Team (FIRST)).

While you are correct, it does not have Allegany County or Garrett County Sites yet since those towers are not fully up yet.

---

Allegany Should be up by Summer. Garret late summer/early fall.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It does have several in Washington County. It is possible that one is close enough to cover all or part of Allegany, too. Or, the OP could be traveling into other counties and wants it programmed for such trips.

wmbio

Western Md

UPMAN is correct.

The FIRST towers in Allegany county md are up and down as of this morning....more tweeking will be needed.

As far as I can hear the Garrett county towers are not up and running.

I submitted the Allegany county FIRST yesterday to the RRDB

Enjoy
Wmbio

maus92

Premium Subscriber
July/August is the official cutover for Allegany County. They just let a contract with Motorola to install new equipment in their EOC to enable their dispatch operations interface with the FiRST system. Allegany County will be covered by two simulcast cells (which is a group of individual sites / towers,) and several standalone ASRs (single site / tower.) Not all are up on a continuous basis. The Sidling Hill ASR (the freq that you received i.e. 772.99375) and Washington County simulcast sites should be receivable from the eastern part of Allegany County, although Allegany County services may not be on the air. You might hear some state police and SHA operations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.