Unitrunker Live Streaming - Worcester P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
LifeFireFeeds Labs trying something new,

So... We decided to try something a little out of the box. I liked watching Unitrunker on my PC, however, did not like that I could not see it when I left the house. So, I came up with a plan to broadcast Unitrunker with the scanner audio at the same time, keeping bandwidth and audio quality as a concern I think the end result came out really well. I will have the Proscan screen embedded later today when I return home.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

This is for the Worcester County, P25 HARRIS System. Understand please this is still in testing and tuning phase. Just want to get some feedback from you folks.

Hosted on Youtube, the feed will auto check your connection and select bitrates. Looks amazing when it hits HD. I have tested on an iPad and it works great.

Audio right now is having issues, will fix shortly. Just need to change the scanner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqo76MVgXd8

- Scott

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
LifeFireFeeds Labs trying something new,

So... We decided to try something a little out of the box. I liked watching Unitrunker on my PC, however, did not like that I could not see it when I left the house. So, I came up with a plan to broadcast Unitrunker with the scanner audio at the same time, keeping bandwidth and audio quality as a concern I think the end result came out really well. I will have the Proscan screen embedded later today when I return home.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

This is for the Worcester County, P25 HARRIS System. Understand please this is still in testing and tuning phase. Just want to get some feedback from you folks.

Hosted on Youtube, the feed will auto check your connection and select bitrates. Looks amazing when it hits HD. I have tested on an iPad and it works great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqo76MVgXd8

- Scott

Pretty cool idea, however I find the data presentation is difficult to read (at least on a 12" MacBook.) I just heard a test count 1-2-3-4-5, but didn't see any traffic on UT - maybe it was you?

Edit: Also hearing som system audio, but no corresponding terffic on UT2.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
Pretty cool idea, however, I find the data presentation is difficult to read (at least on a 12" MacBook.) I just heard a test count 1-2-3-4-5, but didn't see any traffic on UT - maybe it was you?

Edit: Also hearing some system audio, but no corresponding traffic on UT2.

The audio is from another system. The 996P2 has a USB glitch. I have tried several times to refresh the port and I can not get the scanner to come up in Proscan. So I am going to have someone at my house manually turn Worcester County on.

The screen will become a clear full screen, it takes about 20 seconds. But then looks pretty good. We are going to try several different flavours of the Unitrunker screen to see what looks the best.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The audio is from another system. The 996P2 has a USB glitch. I have tried several times to refresh the port and I can not get the scanner to come up in Proscan. So I am going to have someone at my house manually turn Worcester County on.

The screen will become a clear full screen, it takes about 20 seconds. But then looks pretty good. We are going to try several different flavours of the Unitrunker screen to see what looks the best.

Ah, OK. I find the USB on my 996P2 to be flaky at times when using FreeScan. I checked the com port and discovered it was using a generic USB port driver, so I updated the config to use the Uniden serial port driver. I'm testing to see if helps.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
FYI, this is a full screenshot of the stream after its been running for about 30 minutes. YT is set at HD / 1080, and the MacBook 12 is set at its native resolution (2304 x 1440)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 8.42.38 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 8.42.38 AM.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 223

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Fullscreen is better.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 8.50.07 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 8.50.07 AM.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 216

maus92

Premium Subscriber
You *might* want to exclude / lock out encrypted traffic / TGs.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
You *might* want to exclude / lock out encrypted traffic / TGs.

The system being played through the speaker is Ocean City, MD P25. We don't even have a full list of TGIDs yet. So I can't lock anything out yet. Soon as I can I will have the audio switched over to the Worcester System.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks audio was changed over to the correct system. should be working pretty good now. I will add Proscan shortly.

Seems to work pretty well. Cool to watch it decode the data on the left and have radio on the right. Really neat. Audio is very clear.

SShuster221

Feed and Calls Provider
Feed Provider
Seems to work pretty well. Cool to watch it decode the data on the left and have radio on the right. Really neat. Audio is very clear.

Right now the audio is being delivered by a 996P2, we ordered two more SDR units. They are going to provide the audio for us shortly. So stay tuned.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
@Shuster - Uniden came out with new beta firmware for the SDS100 that addresses some Harris P25 issues. You might want to try it out.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
I hope you are able to get the feed back up. Really enjoyed listening and watching the activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.