Up coming Appearance - Blue Angels

Status
Not open for further replies.

md_p97

Aside from the Air Show at Andrew's AFB in May, and Graduation at the Naval Academy, It appears the Angels will be making another appearance, for the opening of the new span of the Woodrow Wilson Bridge.

Per wtop.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - Regular drivers won't get to use part of the new Woodrow Wilson Bridge over the Potomac River until next month, but it will be open next week for officials who oversaw the project.

U.S. Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta, the governors of Maryland and Virginia and D.C. Mayor Tony Williams will join several members of Congress at a 1,000-person invitation-only gala next Thursday. The ceremony will feature the Navy's Blue Angels and the Air Force Band.

After a ribbon-cutting ceremony, the first car to cross the bridge will be Woodrow Wilson's 1923 Rolls Royce

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If anyone is interested - I've taken the recent MT article where all these freqs (and a few more I found later) and put them into an Excel spreadsheet. The article is linked up on our Military Monitoring Wiki page...

Anyway, it's a simple matter to take the worksheet and change it to a csv file. Many of the better scanner control programs can handle this format. If you're interested, please send me an email direct to ka3jjz@netscape.com Please don't send me a private email via RR because I can't attach a file to the reply - it will only slow the process.

73s Mike

[edit] I will be away in NJ this weekend (Mother's day), but will pick up and process requests when I get back - probably late on Sunday. I'll get to as many as I can in the interim.

The MT 2006 article is http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mtairshow06.pdf
you will need Adobe Acrobat to read it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.