MIEMSS contracts for design, implementation to upgrade its communications system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
It will all be on the Infrastructure side, nothing on the RF subscribers side. Old and new will run parallel to each other until we finish and it will be seamless so you won't even know its happening.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
Can you give some more info about how you connect with every county that calls EMRC and what frequency's you are using? Also how do you do the patch to every hospital? I know when a monkey county unit wants to talk to Shock Trauma and Suburban and or Children's in DC at the same how is that done?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like an IP network, and some fiber in addition to MW backbone.

firephoto184

Premium Subscriber
motorcoachdoug,
I could be wrong but i believe it is done with patches so if frederick ambulances want to talk to FMH, MMC, etc. they have to call EMRC on there EMRC CALL channel and then EMRC uses one of the MED channels to patch the talkgroup and hospital radio together. (im pretty sure the same applies with montgomery)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Anne Arundel usually uses its 800 EMRC TGs to consult with hospitals. Not exactly sure why it is done this way, vs. the UHF Med channels. I assume that the AACo EOC relays to SYSCOM via a MW (or fiber) link to SYSCOM, then SYSCOM distributes to the proper hospital(s) using whatever link they have with those facilities (4-wire / leased line, MW or fiber.) Not sure if the hospitals themselves actually have a direct radio link with field responders (maybe for backup?)

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Anne Arundel usually uses its 800 EMRC TGs to consult with hospitals. Not exactly sure why it is done this way, vs. the UHF Med channels. I assume that the AACo EOC relays to SYSCOM via a MW (or fiber) link to SYSCOM, then SYSCOM distributes to the proper hospital(s) using whatever link they have with those facilities (4-wire / leased line, MW or fiber.) Not sure if the hospitals themselves actually have a direct radio link with field responders (maybe for backup?)

MAUS AA uses UHF more than 800Mhz. Seems as if they use 800mhz on scene to consult and UHF if/when they are transporting to the hospital.

The only monitorable RF Communications is the UHF Med Channels or the County/State Trunked systems. and MAUS you are correct it currently is either a leased line, Microwave or Fiber and it is relayed to EMRC. There are no RF base stations at the hospitals for consult that is either leased line or microwave. We have a patching system that can bring whatever resource that we have in EMRC online for an EMS provider.

Nate

maus92

Premium Subscriber
MAUS AA uses UHF more than 800Mhz. Seems as if they use 800mhz on scene to consult and UHF if/when they are transporting to the hospital.

The only monitorable RF Communications is the UHF Med Channels or the County/State Trunked systems. and MAUS you are correct it currently is either a leased line, Microwave or Fiber and it is relayed to EMRC. There are no RF base stations at the hospitals for consult that is either leased line or microwave. We also have telephone lines that field units can call in on from their cell phones. We have a patching system that can bring whatever resource that we have in EMRC online for an EMS provider.

Nate

Nate, that makes sense - I only hear / see the the use of the 800 EMRC TGs because I don't monitor the UHF Med channels, so thanks for the correction / clarification. I can understand why the medics would prefer carrying only a county portable and use that on scene, and then using the mobile installation in the transport unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.