Sykesville, Carrol County PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdshayne

Sykesville, MD has its own police department which appears to be separate from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office. As such, I would assume that they have their own radio system, or more likely, a designated TG on the Carroll County system. I'm currently scanning on my own to see if I can discover anything, but I won't say no to any information others can provide. Anyone have data to add?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Sykesville, MD has its own police department which appears to be separate from the Carroll County Sheriff's Office. As such, I would assume that they have their own radio system, or more likely, a designated TG on the Carroll County system. I'm currently scanning on my own to see if I can discover anything, but I won't say no to any information others can provide. Anyone have data to add?

I'm sure you are doing this, but make sure you are using ID Search on the Carroll County system to find undocumented TGs. As you say, it's more likely they are using the county system rather than their own system / freq, and it's more than likely that they operate on the CCSO dispatch TG with unique unit designators. Note that they used to have their own VHF freqs, but those licenses expired a long time ago according to FCC records.

bdshayne

That is exactly what I am doing. But thanks for the information. I was hoping for the off chance that someone had done this already, but neglected to update the database. I will certainly update with anything I discover.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Sykesville Police are dispatched by MSP Westminster Barrack. and as such use the MSP Wesminster Talk group on the Carroll System

Now that is interesting. Is the MSP primary LE in Carroll County?

josephdurnal

Premium Subscriber
If you've ever listened to Frederick County, the Sheriffs office dispatches for both Brunswick and Thurmont PD - you wouldn't know it unless you are really paying attention because it is fairly seamless and they aren't on their own talk group. The town officers have a 4 digit ID and the deputies have 3 digits.

Status
Not open for further replies.