Not receiving messaging, missing something??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc2315

I have recently bought a Uniden BC246T. I used ARC246 and connected to RR and download all the conventional and trunked systems that I want to hear within my area. I get most of the county and state transmissions along with EMS and fire. I am sure there are more I could get, but I am going with the only channels, id's and freq. I can get from RR. My question is, I live in a town called Fruitland, which neighbors another city called Salisbury. I can hear all the transmissions from the Salisbury Police, fire and EMS, along with the county and State Police, but I get nothing from the Fruitland Police or fire. I know they are programmed into the scanner, because every once in a while, as I have had the scanner for little over a week, I have heard 3 transmissions from them. Is there any reason why I would not pick up their transmissions besides their ID's or freq. aren't all in the scanner? Even when I do hear them, the transmissions, they aren't strong signals compared to the Salisbury signals. Any info for me??? Thanks in advance.

Whistler

Is Fruitland also on the same Trunk system that Salisbury Police are on? If they are on trunking then when you are scanning that trunk system hit scan again and do an ID search to maybe get Fruitland. If they are not on a trunk system maybe your Close Call is picking it up. The the FCC database and search for frequencies in your area to give you a start on where to look.
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Uls...JLtG7NurOY3ozVtnIWTc0J!-940851874!-1714541601

I found the City of Fruitland has a Public Safety license for 155.9250 and 155.9400 (KNBV363) and a UHF repeater on 453.3250/458.3250 (WNPU818)

Last edited:

LarrySC

Program trunking in another bank and run in "SEARCH MODE". With luck you can find them. Lock out all the known ID's as you go. Good Luck

TinEar

Isn't that the Easterm Shore Consortium TRS? If so, it's digital which can't be copied with the 246.

Edit: Nope...wrong guess. See below for the correct system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.