UMass Amherst PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

haworthfire

I have umpd in my scanner. it is annoying because it seems like 20 seconds it sounds like a mic is key'd up for less than a second. Is there anyway to program arc330 to wait for a longer transmission? or does anyone know what it is?

ecps92

UMA is an LTR you need to program the Radio for LTR Trunking with the channels in Logical Order. What you hear is the system polling.

Nothing new has been submitted since early 2008
so any changes from the RR DB would be great.

I would suggest reading the WIKI on LTR and it will help you deceipher
the info, to post to the RR DB with some valid updates.

Logic Trunked Radio - The RadioReference Wiki

I have umpd in my scanner. it is annoying because it seems like 20 seconds it sounds like a mic is key'd up for less than a second. Is there anyway to program arc330 to wait for a longer transmission? or does anyone know what it is?

ecps92

Typically on LTR systems, each of these controllers periodically sends out a data burst (approximately every 10 seconds on LTR Standard systems) so that the subscriber units know that the system is there. The idle data burst can be turned off if desired by the system operator. Some systems will broadcast idle data bursts only on channels used as home channels and not on those used for "overflow" conversations. To a scanner user the idle data burst will sound like a short blip of static like someone keyed up and unkeyed a radio within about 1/2 second. This data burst is not sent at the same time by all the channels but happen randomly throughout all the system channels.

so what is system polling

haworthfire

Typically on LTR systems, each of these controllers periodically sends out a data burst (approximately every 10 seconds on LTR Standard systems) so that the subscriber units know that the system is there. The idle data burst can be turned off if desired by the system operator. Some systems will broadcast idle data bursts only on channels used as home channels and not on those used for "overflow" conversations. To a scanner user the idle data burst will sound like a short blip of static like someone keyed up and unkeyed a radio within about 1/2 second. This data burst is not sent at the same time by all the channels but happen randomly throughout all the system channels.

so is it possible to block that out on a scanner?

ecps92

Have you been able to ID the LCNs ?? Yet. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.