Lowell Police/Fire and NEMLEC questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPD7

Any questions about Lowell Police/Fire Chelmsford Police/Fire North Eastern Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council (NEMLEC) and Trinity E.M.S./ Gleater Lowell E.M.S. can be posted here

jack103

Premium Subscriber
1 when will NEMLEC start using 484.4250 and the rest of the narrow band freqs?
2 I am hearing reports that these narrow band freqs will be p-25 ALL THE TIME is this just a rumor I hope,
Thank you
Jack

LPD7

That freq is simplex, sensitive information and I do not think the whole NEMLEC system is going P-25 because it is expensive.

LPD7

484.425 is Lowell Police Repeated i dont think its going Digital sonn!

jack103

Premium Subscriber
This info is posted on Scanmass/scan capecod.

Frequency Callsign RS Station City ST Status Type
484.42500 WPLW505 PW CHELMSFORD, TOWN OF CHELMSFORD MA Active Mobile
484.42500 WPLW505 PW CHELMSFORD, TOWN OF CHELMSFORD MA Active Mobile Relay
484.42500 WPLX350 PW BURLINGTON, TOWN OF BURLINGTON MA Active Mobile
484.42500 WPLX350 PW BURLINGTON, TOWN OF BURLINGTON MA Active Mobile Relay
484.42500 WPLX352 PW ANDOVER, TOWN OF ANDOVER MA Active Mobile
484.42500 WPLX352 PW ANDOVER, TOWN OF ANDOVER MA Active Mobile Relay
484.42500 WPYM350 PW WATERTOWN, TOWN OF WATERTOWN MA Active Base
484.42500 WPYM350 PW WATERTOWN, TOWN OF WATERTOWN MA Active Mobile

LPD7

Yes if you listen to it in Lowell you will hear Lowell Police Repated, The Repeters in Chelmsford and Andover do this. We also have this on file in our radio room (I am a Lowell Police Officer)

LPD7

Also the NEMLEC Tac 4 Freq is right now being used dy tewksbury Police details and is not repeated but you cannot pick them up from more than 1 mile away unless a base to portable/car is being used.

LPD7

No its Dosent and NEMLEC tac 5 is only used in Essex County

mcdogg

How often/and for what are NEMLEC channels used for? I know what the organization is, but I don't know why they would have their own freqs. Especially with BAPERN being used for most interop

nsradio

Premium Subscriber
How often/and for what are NEMLEC channels used for? I know what the organization is, but I don't know why they would have their own freqs. Especially with BAPERN being used for most interop

BAPERN is great for municipality to municipality communication, and is heavily used, however it does not have the capacity that NEMLEC provides. Every day there are surveillance operations, SWAT deployments, searches, testing, stings etc. that require communications. Each municipality could not afford the infrastructure required so a law enforcement council provides it.

ecps92

In the beginning we had Intercity 158.9700 [Eastern Mass, RI and some southern NH]

In the 70's due to Riots, BAPERN was created. With BAPERN Came some other [little used / heavily used] UHF Regional NETS, these were
NEMLEC, Plym Cnty, Bristol Cnty and NESPERN [NorthEast aka Salisbury / Merrimac area].

With the extra fundings thru 9-11 and the need for more wide-area Interop, BAPERN is expanding [Area Wide 3 and 4 - formerly BAPERN 3 and 4] and have now included NON Law Enforcement onto the system.
BAPERN has added towers in Plymouth Cnty and Pending for Bristol Cnty

NEMLEC has merged some of it's Interop into the BAPERN System which is why the NEMLEC channel is part of the BAPERN scheme.

NEMLEC & BAPERN - Scan New England Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.