North Adams Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
Two weekends ago I went to Petersburg Pass on the NY/MA line to do some monitoring. I found North Adams Police are now using a repeater. The previous frequency, 156.210 is the input, and the output is 159.225 MHz. CTCSS 118.8 for both frequencies. I checked their licenses at the FCC database, and it shows a modified license WPVU-259 for the Fire Department (?) but the repeater output is listed as 159.255 MHz. However, after monitoring, it is definately the police department (the dispatcher ID's as North Adams and the units were discussing police type traffic).

I had been hearing this in the Albany, NY area but it is very weak, and I had originally thought that NYSDEC Police were using a different CTCSS tone for a specific region.

Kevin

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
And 170.150 is the Repeater output for the FD now. It has a PL of 107.2
Both are at the same location on top of the Route 2 hairpin curve at the 100.1 FM tower.
The signal just blankets the county now.

D

DaveNF2G

That solves that mystery. I thought it was an undocumented DEC Region.

This demonstrates what I mean about frequency coordination being a scam. North Adams is far too close to NY to be reusing the primary NYSDEC Law Enforcement frequency.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I heard police comms on 159.255 PL 118.8 when I was up there.
What was I hearing then?

Last edited:

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
By any chance were the units ID'ing with numbers that started with M, like M1100 for example? If so, it may have been a police department in Vermont. Most municipal PD's in VT uses M#'s that have been assigned by DPS.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
That solves that mystery. I thought it was an undocumented DEC Region.

This demonstrates what I mean about frequency coordination being a scam. North Adams is far too close to NY to be reusing the primary NYSDEC Law Enforcement frequency.

well it wouldn't be an issue if North Adams wasn't using the wrong freq. the OP said he heard them on .225, but the city is licensed for .255. sounds like someone messed up the programming not the coordination.

ecps92

Kevin, did the Road Trip this past weekend [Boston - North Adams - Equinox - North Adams - GreyLock - Boston] and can confirm the following:

No.Adams PD 159.2250 R / 156.2100 118.8 Hz
No.Adams FD 170.1500 R / 158.9850 107.2 Hz

Bill

Two weekends ago I went to Petersburg Pass on the NY/MA line to do some monitoring. I found North Adams Police are now using a repeater. The previous frequency, 156.210 is the input, and the output is 159.225 MHz. CTCSS 118.8 for both frequencies. I checked their licenses at the FCC database, and it shows a modified license WPVU-259 for the Fire Department (?) but the repeater output is listed as 159.255 MHz. However, after monitoring, it is definately the police department (the dispatcher ID's as North Adams and the units were discussing police type traffic).

I had been hearing this in the Albany, NY area but it is very weak, and I had originally thought that NYSDEC Police were using a different CTCSS tone for a specific region.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.