Lynn FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

epilab

Premium Subscriber
Lynn was to move to UHF today. I have not heard anything on the old or new frq. Anyone hearing anything...and if so what frq
Thanks

N1BHH

Lynn was to move to UHF today. I have not heard anything on the old or new frq. Anyone hearing anything...and if so what frq
Thanks

They have had a full time cross patch of their VHF and UHF channels now for over a year. You should hear all their operations and fire ground communications on their appropriate channels. See 'kennyblues' post for all the information.

epilab

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info...

it appeared I did have the new Lynn freq correctly installed, but it appears the signal strength is not as good as the old freq. I put them on "hold" and got the dispatch. In different listings the freq is listed different. so I was not positive which was the correct one

gordon115

Swampscott FD units are being dispatched and operating on the Lynn UHF, haven’t heard anything on Swampscott's and Nahant's new UHF frequency (482.850 D125) yet.

Last edited:

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
It is interesting how the Lynn Fire Department frequencies are licensed to the City of Boston, but I guess it doesn't really matter since it falls under the whole MBHSR umbrella.

garys

Premium Subscriber
It is interesting how the Lynn Fire Department frequencies are licensed to the City of Boston, but I guess it doesn't really matter since it falls under the whole MBHSR umbrella.

The BPD radio shop people coordinated the process, hence the licenses were under their name. Much the same as back in the mid 1970s when BAPERN was starting up most of the licenses were actually held in the name of the City of Newton. Part of the reason this time was that it took a while to sort out who was getting what frequencies for what purposes. Although it's pretty much finalized now, the allocations were a bit different early on.

Not all of it comes under MBHSR since not all of the cities and towns getting upgrades are in the region. I think it's more of a UASI thing. Either way, there is a fair amount of grant money to upgrade radio systems.

ecps92

Or how many Metro Fire Cities/Towns use KYD496 under Newton :)

The BPD radio shop people coordinated the process, hence the licenses were under their name. Much the same as back in the mid 1970s when BAPERN was starting up most of the licenses were actually held in the name of the City of Newton. Part of the reason this time was that it took a while to sort out who was getting what frequencies for what purposes. Although it's pretty much finalized now, the allocations were a bit different early on.

Not all of it comes under MBHSR since not all of the cities and towns getting upgrades are in the region. I think it's more of a UASI thing. Either way, there is a fair amount of grant money to upgrade radio systems.

oceanpout

Lynn FD (also Nahant and Swampscott)

I have heard much activity on 470.1750 as far as Lynn FD dispatch is concerned. Not anything on Nahant or Swampscott, but those are small towns compared to Lynn and I probably did not listen at the right time.
As far as the fireground frequencies are concerned, I live in Saugas, MA, which is probably too far away to pick up fireground frequencies unless they are repeterized. What greatly troubles me is the fact that I have submitted this to RR about four days ago and they still list the old information. I am seriously considering purchasing the new Uniden HomePatrol-1 which uses the RR database for programming. If this is any indication of the commitment RR has to this undertaking, I might just pass on the HP-1. As far as I know, there is no option to manually program it. I think Uniden should take notice.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
How About Being Part of the Solution?

Understand that submissions at RR are handled by and large by volunteers. Instead of griping about it in your very first RR post perhaps you should volunteer to be a database admin for your area. And to split hairs, your information was submitted 3 days ago (10/4), actually 2 days ago at the time of your post, not 4. I have updated the database with your submission.

I have heard much activity on 470.1750 as far as Lynn FD dispatch is concerned. Not anything on Nahant or Swampscott, but those are small towns compared to Lynn and I probably did not listen at the right time.
As far as the fireground frequencies are concerned, I live in Saugas, MA, which is probably too far away to pick up fireground frequencies unless they are repeterized. What greatly troubles me is the fact that I have submitted this to RR about four days ago and they still list the old information. I am seriously considering purchasing the new Uniden HomePatrol-1 which uses the RR database for programming. If this is any indication of the commitment RR has to this undertaking, I might just pass on the HP-1. As far as I know, there is no option to manually program it. I think Uniden should take notice.

ecps92

Many of the new T-Band channels being used as FireGround or Tactical for the Larger Deptartments are Repeaters not simplex. ie: Boston, Lynn, Saugus

As already stated, if you see errors, omissions or FIND something new, SUBMIT IT The only way the information gets into the DB is by Submissions, NOT from the FCC, NOT from the Departments [unless someone is a Scannist], NOT by the miracles of the Internet, but by the USERS. If it's not here, It has not been submitted. SEARCH SEARCH and then SUMBIT :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.