MassPort Logan Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
Hello
Could someone put me in the right area to program Logan Fire in my 780xlt? I have A troop in my scanner now is there a talk group for Logan Fire? 453.900 d205 seems to get the apparatus only and no dispatch from Fire Alarm or Logan Control. Any help with what freqs to program and talkgroup would be appreciated. I just want fire no PD.

thank you

garys

Premium Subscriber
They are on the MassPort trunk system, which you probably will not hear from Waltham. Look here in the database under Suffolk County. The MassPort and Mass State Police trunks are completely different systems.

SOCCERCOACH

Premium Subscriber
thank you if you program in 453.900 you get dispatch and fireground l/c, at least in Waltham, I took the DCS tone off.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Most likely to get both sides of the conversation if they are using different DSC tones for the mobiles and dispatch.

Unlikely. They 453.900 is repeated so it's not likely that they would switch tones on through the repeater for mobiles and the base.

I'll check what DPL I have programmed in my scanner as I hear both sides of the traffic on the simulcast frequency. It is possible that for some reason simulcast is not selected, but cross patch is. In which case you'd get the field units but not the dispatch console side. Simulcast and cross patch are not the same thing.

RKG

Unlikely. They 453.900 is repeated so it's not likely that they would switch tones on through the repeater for mobiles and the base.

I'll check what DPL I have programmed in my scanner as I hear both sides of the traffic on the simulcast frequency. It is possible that for some reason simulcast is not selected, but cross patch is. In which case you'd get the field units but not the dispatch console side. Simulcast and cross patch are not the same thing.

If I may fine tune this a bit:

1) The station in question is repeated. It doesn't matter whether the subscribers use a different PL/DPL on the input side, since all you are listening to is the output.

2) Simulcast (or simulselect) and patch are different features, but not quite in the way suggested. If the dispatcher simulcasts on Channels A and B, you will hear the dispatcher on both channels, but you will not hear Channel B subscribers while listening to Channel A. If the dispatcher patches Channels A and B, you will hear subscribers on both channels while listening to either; if the dispatcher transmits using his master Xmit key, you will only hear him on whichever channel he has "selected," but if he uses his Patch Xmit key you will hear him on both channels. The only case in which a dispatcher has to invoke both patch and simulcast is if he is using a Zetron console with the multi-patch card and has two or more patches set up (in which case the console doesn't know which patch is intended via the Patch Xmit key).

3) As the foregoing implies, the MassPort UHF channel is intended to be used to permit incoming mutual aid assets to get access to the appropriate talkgroup on the MassPort trunked system, using their UHF equipment, and for this reason, the UHF channels depends on a patch to be set up.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
If I may fine tune this a bit:

1) The station in question is repeated. It doesn't matter whether the subscribers use a different PL/DPL on the input side, since all you are listening to is the output.

2) Simulcast (or simulselect) and patch are different features, but not quite in the way suggested. If the dispatcher simulcasts on Channels A and B, you will hear the dispatcher on both channels, but you will not hear Channel B subscribers while listening to Channel A. If the dispatcher patches Channels A and B, you will hear subscribers on both channels while listening to either; if the dispatcher transmits using his master Xmit key, you will only hear him on whichever channel he has "selected," but if he uses his Patch Xmit key you will hear him on both channels. The only case in which a dispatcher has to invoke both patch and simulcast is if he is using a Zetron console with the multi-patch card and has two or more patches set up (in which case the console doesn't know which patch is intended via the Patch Xmit key).

3) As the foregoing implies, the MassPort UHF channel is intended to be used to permit incoming mutual aid assets to get access to the appropriate talkgroup on the MassPort trunked system, using their UHF equipment, and for this reason, the UHF channels depends on a patch to be set up.

Thanks for the information. About a year and half agoo I went and visited the Massport Aviation Communications Center and it appears that they are using the Motorola Centracom Gold Elite console which makes sense regarding the patching.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how the dispatch operation works for MassPort Fire? I get the impression that the firefighters run a dispatch center at the fire HQ, unless there are no firefighters in the station. In that case, I am guessing that the MassPort Dispatch Center takes over.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how the dispatch operation works for MassPort Fire? I get the impression that the firefighters run a dispatch center at the fire HQ, unless there are no firefighters in the station. In that case, I am guessing that the MassPort Dispatch Center takes over.

I believe the call is forwarded from dispatch to the FAO at headquarters and is then put over the intercom at the station and is put out over the radio after the unit(s) call responding. Not 100% on that though

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
In the Massport Operations Center one of the desks is Massport Fire Alarm which dispatches the apparatus and keeps track of all the times.

On a different I was looking on scannewengland.net and it looks like some of there members there came across some new P-25 talkgroups. Hopefully will be able to confirm some of these.

32816 P25 Replacement for talk group 16
33136 Fire Dispatch P25
33360 P25 Need to ID
33424 P25 Need to ID3
35536 P25 Need to ID

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
In the Massport Operations Center one of the desks is Massport Fire Alarm which dispatches the apparatus and keeps track of all the times.

On a different I was looking on scannewengland.net and it looks like some of there members there came across some new P-25 talkgroups. Hopefully will be able to confirm some of these.

32816 P25 Replacement for talk group 16
33136 Fire Dispatch P25
33360 P25 Need to ID
33424 P25 Need to ID3
35536 P25 Need to ID

Having a XTS programmed by the state I can say that each analog talk group has a digital encrypted talk group after it. Many exist we just have to identify them. So far I only know the IDs for the fire departments encrypted talk groups

SCPD

QRT
I know when I worked on the airfield the tower would set off the crash phone and it would go thru the whole station pa system. Also dispatch has a crash phone and gets the call at the same time, and she can dispatch other stations to the airfield. You might want to checkout scan new england. New Freq's have been added. Will be in town Fri to see Celtics & Bulls play.

Mark

gordon115

I saw the recent update for Massport in the RR database which lists TG 240 as "Emergency 3", is this a recent change? None of the Massport radio's I've seen had "Emergency 3" programmed in them.

What I've heard on TG 240 sounds like the IT people and maintenance of security systems. Discussion of various IP addresses and data cables as well as discussion of various security cameras that weren't working properly.

Gordon

N1BHH

I saw the recent update for Massport in the RR database which lists TG 240 as "Emergency 3", is this a recent change? None of the Massport radio's I've seen had "Emergency 3" programmed in them.

What I've heard on TG 240 sounds like the IT people and maintenance of security systems. Discussion of various IP addresses and data cables as well as discussion of various security cameras that weren't working properly.

Gordon

I had been told by someone that this isn't in many radios and it was labeled a number of years back as Emergency 3. It may have a different designation now. I have not heard much on that talk group of late. The system can go from good copy to nothing in a matter of a few hours sometimes.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin

Gordon

That's interesting thanks for the info. If we can confirm TG 240 as the Massport IT department I will make the change in the database.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber

Gordon

Not 100% on that TG. I saw some where it was labeled as construction, so Massport Tech may be the correct alpha tag. I thought the tech guys used there digital TG though. With several radio upgrades over the past few years allowing digital integration on some TGs the channel plan we know about could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.