Local PD Acronyms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQ

Been away from the forums for several years (moved to NM) but now back and monitoring PD/Fire comms in my area and was wanting to know what some new PD jargon acronyms stand for.

As in "dob" (date of birth), "RO" (registered owner), ect. I am familiar with the term "WMS" for Warrent Management Service but not "bop", which appears to include past arrests or criminal actions history?

So does anyone know what this acronym stands for and what it involves? Is there a list of similar currently used acronyms I can catch up on used by MA PDs?

garys

Premium Subscriber
I need to figure a way to move that page, or elements of it, over to the Scan-ne Wiki.

KB1UAM

Yup when they say negative on the BOP it means they are not on probation or parole or anything, and when they say negative/active it means no warrants and active license

nsradio

Premium Subscriber
Yup when they say negative on the BOP it means they are not on probation or parole or anything, and when they say negative/active it means no warrants and active license

Not exactly. Negative BOP would mean no criminal record in MA. You can also have a BOP and not be on probation/parole.

ecps92

Incorrect. :(

Neg BOP means there is no BOP Record

The BOP includes ALL Adult and Juv arraignment history as well as Parole, Probation, Dept of Correction [Note Not S in Correction] custody info, as well as Restraining/Protection Orders

Negative/Active usually indicates "No NCIC" and "Active" Registration or Operator License - depending on how the inquire was made [Name/DOB/OLN or Plate/Vin]

Status
Not open for further replies.