Boston City TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scanner-geek

Has the Boston City services trunk rebanded? If so, does anyone have an updated frequency list? I am not receiving the control channel anymore. Thanks.

KB1UAM

I checked the database out for ya, and it seems everything in there is correct for rebanding. Go through your programming and make sure you have all the control channels marked in red in your scanner

Scanner-geek

Wow. Thanks Kenny. I didn't see that coming. I couldn't open your link. Do you have a beat on talkgroups? I assume they will change. I can't find anything on this update in the RRDB or ScanNE wiki.

I like to listen to the Boston City Park Rangers on the 4th.

Thanks again Kenny.

ecps92

Try this, Kenny was pointing to the Zone 1 from the RR DB
Massachusetts State Police Trunking System, Statewide, Massachusetts - Scanner Frequencies

The Hunt is on, to actually ID the new TG's on Zone 1 back to the Agencies from Boston who moved over [some might have not and given up TG and others are used on a limited basis] This week with the Tall Ships, 4th of July and HHH Weather [Hazy, Hott and Humid] should help with the ID - however don't jump to conclussions as to who - is - who as many of the TG's are patched for the week of Interoperability - the fun begins and there is no Line-up card to help us :)

Wow. Thanks Kenny. I didn't see that coming. I couldn't open your link. Do you have a beat on talkgroups? I assume they will change. I can't find anything on this update in the RRDB or ScanNE wiki.

I like to listen to the Boston City Park Rangers on the 4th.

Thanks again Kenny.

Scanner-geek

Yes I agree Bill.

I'm plugging in the freqs right now to see what I can find. I'll search it most of the day and post what I can confirm. Only limiting factor is that I don't listen to this system quite often enough to identify agencies so easily, but I'll try. And yes, the interop issue may muddy the waters.

Now I have a Sunday project.

Scanner-geek

Preliminary search hits

10736 BTD parking enforce
32784 MSP TRS even channel UCC ? Boston Harbor
32816 MSP TRS event channel, DLE PD, Cambridge Fire. Must be for Charles River 4th of July detail
10928 Boston Harbor Islands ferries
47152 Boston Park Rangers
47408 Corrections ? Sufffolk Sheriff
46640 Boston water/sewer
48016 Active, previously was Boston animal control
48208 Boston sanitation/public works
48528 ?PD
48560 ?
46704 Municipal PD?
13264 COMMAND EXTERIOR TOUR OF BUILDING/south gate ? security
13136 Boston common chatter
46960 CAR STALLED RIVERWAY AND LONGWOOD
10576 ?

It's a start.....

Scanner-geek

By the way, it would also seem that the DCR Ranger talkgroups on SIte 1 have changed and will need to be updated. The previous TGs are no longer active to my estimation. Once again, just in time for the 4th of July festivities.

brscomm

Premium Subscriber
What becomes of the City freqs? Any sign of them being absorbed into the MSP system? Could this be a sign that BFD will end up on 800 when they vacate 483MHz?

Scanner-geek

Kenny:
I believe you are correct. I have logged th following 10xxx.
They must be DCR

10736 something about a parking ticket
10576 ranger at Carson beach for medical on boardwalk
10608 rescue 2 for medical call near bandstand
10640 missing child near bathhouse

i'll keep logging

Scanner-geek

CH-1 Used by Boston City Park Ranger to coordinate a lost radio. Not a ranger channel, but probably a citywide channel

Scanner-geek

I don't know of any indication that Boston police or fire are going 800 trunked or changing systems

Scanner-geek

Interesting.

MEMA broadcasting severe thunderstorm warning earlier this evening (presumably MEMA east) in digital modulation. Haven't heard that one before.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I am working to get the database updated to reflect this. I've got two or three submissions regarding the change,and will get to it asap, and as more info is confirmed.

kennyblues

DCR 3 10576 Castle Island
DCR 4 10608 Nantasket Beach
DCR 5 10640 Blue Hills
DCR 13 Boston Harbor National Recreation Area
DCR Rangers at the State House have popped up on many channels, the above mentioned 10832 as well as 10800
Boston PD all channel broadcast have turned up on 50800

N1BHH

There are a number of us identifying the who's who on this system and we'll be submitting the data shortly. Once we have all our files updated there will be plenty of work for Mike. We are also going to be tabling all this simultaneously at Scan New England. It's a large project as more talk groups are coming online. Several agencies are already complaining of dead spots that the radio gang is working on.

ecps92

Correct, paperwork shows Pending as of Thur/Fri :wink:

As for BFD, ? I hope Not

What becomes of the City freqs? Any sign of them being absorbed into the MSP system? Could this be a sign that BFD will end up on 800 when they vacate 483MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.