Radio Tests - Boston MA area ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Anyone ever heard Brockton FD or Worcester FD conducting regular radio tests?

msgtjdolan

Brockton Fire Radio Test

Brockton Fire conducts a daily radio test with Plymouth County Control every day at about 9:30 am on the County inter-agency freq of 483.4750 PL 141.3. All Fire Departments in county check in as well as radi ochecks with Barnstable County, Bristol County, State Fire Control, and Mass Emergency Agency.

bobbuff

Feed Provider
brockton fire

Brockton Fire does a radio check on all channels every Friday, but it is done at different times each week

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
bobbuff - would that be Friday mornings usually - maybe between 7 AM and 10 AM? (just guessing)

N1BHH

Brockton Fire conducts a daily radio test with Plymouth County Control every day at about 9:30 am on the County inter-agency freq of 483.4750 PL 141.3. All Fire Departments in county check in as well as radi ochecks with Barnstable County, Bristol County, State Fire Control, and Mass Emergency Agency.

Plymouth County Control conducts the daily test, not Brockton. And the frequency is not an inter agency frequency it is a fire ground frequency for the county.

bobbuff

Feed Provider
zerg901 - it could be anytime on a Friday, the Signal Division will call us in Fire Alarm and see if things are "quiet" enough to do the test. We test on Channel 1, 2, 4, then we do a "repeater knockdown" check and finish it up with the "Ememrgency Alert Tone" test , a wobble tone, and thats about it and last all of 3 minutes. Also on Friday's we switch antenna locations from Cary Hill, where Engine 7 runs out of, to the Station 1 antenna just to make sure all systems are working properly. Can never have enough back up plans !!!

bobbuff

Feed Provider
n1bhh - The frequency used in the daily radio test from Plymouth County Control is the "Community to Community" Channel, just as Metro Countrol, Norfolk County Control and many others use a set frequency as a control channel, for the lack of a better word, and is not used as a fire ground channel. Plymouth County channel 1,2,3,5 and 6 are used as fire ground channels.

N1BHH

n1bhh - The frequency used in the daily radio test from Plymouth County Control is the "Community to Community" Channel, just as Metro Countrol, Norfolk County Control and many others use a set frequency as a control channel, for the lack of a better word, and is not used as a fire ground channel. Plymouth County channel 1,2,3,5 and 6 are used as fire ground channels.

All channels in the Plymouth County Mutual Aid are fire ground channels. Channel 4 is the primary calling frequency. I know the system well, my father and a dozen other chiefs started the basis for a mutual aid system (50 years ago) that is now in wide spread use.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
bobbuff - thanks for the info. Since there is a new Brockton FD feed at Radio Reference it will be easy to listen in on Friday. Thanks again - Peter Sz

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I did catch Brockton S3 doing radio tests yesterday. They "knocked down" (turned off) and "restored" the Ch 1 repeater.

Anyone ever catch Fall River FD or New Bedford FD doing a full test of ALL of their portable radios? How about Plymouth FD?

Anyone listen to Worcester FD fulltime? Do they ever test?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
No one listens to Plymouth FD, Fall River FD, New Bedford FD, or Worcester FD?

bobbuff

Feed Provider
radio test

Fall River does a radio test every morning about 08:30 with all apparatus, I have never heard New Bedford or Plymouth do tests, and I don't get Worcester at my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.