MSP Digatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

plmanegre

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what 2091 ID is on the P25 system. Sounds like the MassPike west. Something new ? Thanks Phil

plmanegre

Premium Subscriber
The converstion I" hearing is from the west end of the pike From NY border to Ludlow E3 Thanks for the reply FYI also. Thanks phil

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
E Patrol 1 is MA State Police Troop E dispatch (MassPike West of Newton). They just started using it for primary ops 12/24/12

garys

Premium Subscriber
Troop E traffic from Interchange 14 west is on E-PTL-1 and traffic from Interchange east is on E-PTL-4. I don't know if you'll hear E-PTL-4 on the P25 system in western MA, but if you see TG 2239 that's E-PTL-4.

The P25 system is starting to become very active, so you'll should hear a lot of traffic from now on.

plmanegre

Premium Subscriber
Does all digital traffic sound the same, as I have noticed this on the CT SP. Is there a way to eliminate this gargled sound? Thanks again Phil

coolrich55

On my psr500 the CSP trunk system sounds much better than any P25 trunk system I've heard. From my understanding the CSP isn't P25 yet although they will make the switch someday. So to answer the question, I would say, no not all digital systems sound the same.

havmedic26

Premium Subscriber
Csp

On my psr500 the CSP trunk system sounds much better than any P25 trunk system I've heard. From my understanding the CSP isn't P25 yet although they will make the switch someday. So to answer the question, I would say, no not all digital systems sound the same.

Connecticut State Police is definitely using P25.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Connecticut State Police is definitely using P25.

The audio is P25 digital, but the control channels are still 3600 baud Type II trunking. At leat for now, but I'd expect that to change at the next system upgrade.

mainetrunk

Hi guys, was wonderring does anyone know anything about ( alledgedly ) the fcc is trying to get -all- public safety p25 ?. Is that their goal-or Is it the buyers choice to go p25? I got N.H p25 on my right, and Maine analog on my left. Not much for trunking around here.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys, was wonderring does anyone know anything about ( alledgedly ) the fcc is trying to get -all- public safety p25 ?. Is that their goal-or Is it the buyers choice to go p25? I got N.H p25 on my right, and Maine analog on my left. Not much for trunking around here.

There is no digital mandate by the FCC as of yet. Many analog systems needed to be narrowbanded by the first of the year, which means the radio system must be reprogrammed from 25.00kHz to 12.50kHz. Some agencies rather then doing that switched to P25 which operates in 12.50kHz.

Also Motorola and Harris push for agencies to go P25 because it has a much higher price tag then a analog system.

mainetrunk

Thx. Well, If a programmer dont sell, he goes under.. Therefore-push everything they can..New this, new that, buy 1 get 1 at 50% off.. I dunno..Glad I'm not climbing those towers.

xplorer417

New msp digital

what do program your scanner too if you have one standard or p25 for control channels i have tried both doesn't work i live in east longmeadow

cg

Premium Subscriber
The new Troop B is P25 trunked. If you cannot hear them, try a search using the preprogrammed Public Safety range. If you don't hear a control channel at 852.9750 (B South - Mt Tom) or 853.6375 (Wilbraham), you are likely out of luck.

chris

SIGG

So I'm confused. At this point you can hear E-PTL-1 on both trunked analog TG's and trunked P25 TG's? If so, any idea how long they will have both systems? I primarily monitor MSP but haven't invested in a digital scanner yet.

garys

Premium Subscriber
So I'm confused. At this point you can hear E-PTL-1 on both trunked analog TG's and trunked P25 TG's? If so, any idea how long they will have both systems? I primarily monitor MSP but haven't invested in a digital scanner yet.

It will be a while. The P25 build out has started in the western part of the state and will gradually move east. Most of the MSP sites are still analog, so that's why you'll hear P25 talk groups on the analog sites. And vice versa.

E-PTL-1 is 33456 analog and 2091 P25. Traffic will be on heard on both systems simultaneously.

For example, if a Turnpike cruiser in the Worcester area is operating on the analog system, that traffic will be repeated on the P25 side out in the western part of the state.

Additionally, Troop B digital traffic will be repeated on the analog Troop C (zone 8) sites.

The same thing is going on in Cambridge as they build their P25 system. Most of the units are still on analog, but some few are on the P25 system.

For completeness sake, I have to mention that there is some digital traffic on the analog sites. That is P25 audio, but the control channels are at 3600 baud. The new sites in western MA are true P25 trunking with 9600 baud control channels and all digital audio.

Confused yet? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.