PB Queens or Lunenburg fire bleeding over to Weymouth PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Hey Guys,

Recently noticed some bleed over to Weymouth PD's Ch 1 every night around 7-9pm. Its very scratchy, but definitely breaks through. It seems to break through only during repeater de-key.

I tried to listen today but all I could make out was "valley parkway." I'm not sure if theres one of those in Lunenburg or Queens. Considering the ERP of Lunenburg (60w) and Queens (225w) I'm starting to lean towards Queens. Almost a straight shot over the water. On good nights I know I've picked up FDNY and NYPD before with my scantenna and BCT15. So it's possible.

Any ideas on this? I know we have some Weymouth residents who frequent this forum.

Thanks!

BTW Weymouth PD1 470.9375, Lunenburg WQGK777, PB Queens WIK932.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Hey Guys,

Recently noticed some bleed over to Weymouth PD's Ch 1 every night around 7-9pm. Its very scratchy, but definitely breaks through. It seems to break through only during repeater de-key.

I tried to listen today but all I could make out was "valley parkway." I'm not sure if theres one of those in Lunenburg or Queens. Considering the ERP of Lunenburg (60w) and Queens (225w) I'm starting to lean towards Queens. Almost a straight shot over the water. On good nights I know I've picked up FDNY and NYPD before with my scantenna and BCT15. So it's possible.

Any ideas on this? I know we have some Weymouth residents who frequent this forum.

Thanks!

BTW Weymouth PD1 470.9375, Lunenburg WQGK777, PB Queens WIK932.

Can't you get the CTCSS that comes up? Leave the radio in tone search mode. Unless it isn't a strong enough signal for the radio to decode it.
It's possible it may be Queens you are hearing, but I would be more convinced if it were during some kind of band enhancement. Haven't had anything close to enhancement since December in this neck of the woods. What is the elevation at your QTH and your antenna height?
Bob

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Bob,

I've tried but it's usually very short and scratchy. Scanner just shows the Weymouth PD tone.
Well I think it's the elevation of the repeater input antenna for Weymouth PD that would matter most right? I'm on the Cape so I'm at about 5 feet ASL lol. My antenna is about 25 ft.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Bob,

I've tried but it's usually very short and scratchy. Scanner just shows the Weymouth PD tone.
Well I think it's the elevation of the repeater input antenna for Weymouth PD that would matter most right? I'm on the Cape so I'm at about 5 feet ASL lol. My antenna is about 25 ft.

Oh I'm sorry, I misread your post. Now I see. You are hearing it through the Weymouth repeater at the end when their PL encode drops, not directly yourself. So yes, you will never see the PL tone. The Weymouth receive antenna is actually picking up the MOBILES then. I would say no way it could be Queens. Bet it is some kind of spur they are receiving. Intermod of some type coming thru their input receiver.

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Ahhhh yes I don't know why I didn't think of that. It would have to be on 473.9375. But the intermod explanation makes far more sense. Thanks Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.