Listening to malls/Other buisnesses/GMRS/FRS/MURS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone enjoy listening to buisnesses and malls? Sometimes you hear some funny stuff on small buisness radios.. and does anyone know if the Boston museum of science radio frequencies are updated/changed?

flythunderbird

Feed Provider
Years ago I listened to a lot of fast-food drive-throughs. The things those teenagers would talk about would leave you in stitches! :D Nearly all of the fast-food radios have gone to digital systems now.

Radios

Mcdonalds in my town is on 900MHz Low power headsets, i found em on my scanner searching thru 900MHz band.. I find mall security and buisnesess and restaraunts with radios in the UHF band to be pretty funny.. same goes for stores and malls.. i hear the Baofengs and the Anytone radios can match PL/DPL tones so u can talk back to them.. albeit its in the gray area of legality to interfere with buisnesses...

Hans13

I listen to that sort of thing. Then again, I live in a very rural area so there isn't much else going on. :D

PACNWDude

My local mall is using FRS, so along with the families using that to keep track of each other, it does get interesting.
Once a call came in that someone lost their pet snake from their car in the parking lot. Well it found the warmest part of the lot and spread out, basking in the sun. People stayed away as it was about a 14 or so Anaconda.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I always enjoy listening to locations that I am visiting. I always have my scanner with me at the zoo.

This is more difficult these days with digital and DMR in use. Back when everything was conventional it was pretty easy. There was no RadioReference or Close Call so I got pretty good at searching the business bands.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone enjoy listening to buisnesses and malls? Sometimes you hear some funny stuff on small buisness radios.. and does anyone know if the Boston museum of science radio frequencies are updated/changed?
I scan commercial comms quite often and can be full of interesting traffic! :wink: 73, n9zas

etiquette on buisness radios

Sometimes the things I'll hear on GMRS/Buisness band store portables can be very unprofessional but at the same time hilarious..
I guess Part 90/95 buisness band (At least with small stores/buisnesses/food establishments) dont really require some form of guidelines as to WHAT you can say.. sometimes it's almost like CB..

ecps92

MoS - Accurate as of dates listed
Massachusetts Recreational Facilities - Scan New England Wiki

Other known attractions
Massachusetts Recreational Facilities - Scan New England Wiki

Mass Malls A-H
Mall and Shopping Center Frequencies A-H - Scan New England Wiki

Mass Malls I-Z
Mall and Shopping Center Frequencies I-Z - Scan New England Wiki

wtp

it's great

said in a tony the tiger voice.
when my 396T was new, my girlfriend and i had just checked into a large hotel.
i figured they had radios, they did and as the girl turned to run my card.
i reached over the counter and keyed their radio.
heard the beeps from my radio for a close call hit and looked at the girlfriend and said "game over".
that meant i did not have to hunt for the frequency.
being over 6 foot has a lookout and reach advantage.
close call and auto store are a great combination.

Hans13

Well played, sir.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods, please wear this hard hat with an antenna on it. My HT needs a mobile tower.

ecps92

OR the unattended/abandoned (Orange Box Store) radio on a shelf :cool:

said in a tony the tiger voice.
when my 396T was new, my girlfriend and i had just checked into a large hotel.
i figured they had radios, they did and as the girl turned to run my card.
i reached over the counter and keyed their radio.
heard the beeps from my radio for a close call hit and looked at the girlfriend and said "game over".
that meant i did not have to hunt for the frequency.
being over 6 foot has a lookout and reach advantage.
close call and auto store are a great combination.

KB0VWG

I listen to kohls, Target, Sams, Walmart and several other stores and most of them use teh Morotola cls1110 or cls1114 radios except for Walmart and Sams.
Its really neat when the store employess are tracking a shop lifter.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

Walmart

The Walmart in my town has a MURS frequency with NO pl tone. so it's an open frequency to whoever has a radio with their channel in it..

Hans13

The Walmart in my town has a MURS frequency with NO pl tone. so it's an open frequency to whoever has a radio with their channel in it..

It's the same way at our Walmart; no tone. Although I am a MURS user, I avoid that frequency whenever I'm in range of Walmart. I don't think they have ever encountered an outside user on their radio set up and would be confused by any foreign traffic.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
It's the same way at our Walmart; no tone. Although I am a MURS user, I avoid that frequency whenever I'm in range of Walmart. I don't think they have ever encountered an outside user on their radio set up and would be confused by any foreign traffic.

There is a thread on here, from about a year ago, that the user had been having run ins with Walmart telling him to get off their channel.

Sent via Tapatalk

Hans13

There is a thread on here, from about a year ago, that the user had been having run ins with Walmart telling him to get off their channel.

Sent via Tapatalk

Yup. If it is one of the threads that I'm thinking of, I posted replies in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.