BCD536HP,will not pickup P25 frequencies from Worcester,MA. 18 miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpw5rp

I puchased a BCD536HP base model scanner to continue listening to Worcester MA police frequencies,Im only 18 miles away in North Brookfield.The system used in City of Worcester changed from a EDACS to P25. I never had an issue with my old Uniden BCT8 scanner receiving the Edacs system frequencies from here.Im only using the antenna thats included in the box. But that's how I also used the older model. I also drove to home in the City of Worcester and plugged the scanner into an outlet and I was picking up the P25 frequencies fine. Any Idea's what the problem might be ? Thankyou. dpw5rp

dpw5rp

BCD536HP,Worcester to North Brookfield.

No Im not on a hill , but there are only very small hills from Worcester to North Brookfield, and It did not seem to be a problem wth my other scanner.

gordon115

The new Worcester P25 system doesn't use the Paxton transmitter site which was the highest transmitter site for the old EDACS system. This has significantly reduced the range of the system. I used to be able to hear the old system fairly well here in the Boston area but can't hear the new system at all.

Gordon

dpw5rp

BCD536HP,Worcester to North Brookfield.

Thanks for the advice, Gordon and from Hudson. I'll just try a Roof antenna and hope for the best. With that line of sight to the city, I don't no if it will work. Thanks again for the info. dpw5rp

They shouldve kept the old paxton site. I too could hear Worc EDACS from a pretty good distance away on my 346XTC when they were EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.