Odd broadcast at a hotel I was at recently

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was down in Danvers/middleton MA recently and I brought my VX-6. BC346XT and my 436 along. I was scanning the buisness band and got a hit on 467.7625Mhz which was kinda odd, seeing as there wasnt any buisnesses on that frequency near me. I changed modes to Wide FM, as in a commercial FM station and I got what sounded like the old analog TV signals, like an audio carrier of a TV station, but I was confused.. It didnt seem like a wireless mic as those are short range and not capable of reaching up an 8 story building. My 436 wasnt sensitive enough (?) to pick it up for a recording. But it was definetly odd.. any insight would be very interesting.

KB7MIB

An IFB should be in the 450-451 MHz and/or 455-456 MHz range, not in the 467 MHz range.

John
Peoria, AZ

Thats what I said John, I was like, "hmm, IFB? Nah, that's 450-455.." and I could ONLY get it in a certain spot in the hotel. (The Doubletree Danvers for those who wanted to know.) There was some rather sexual things said too, and I didnt hear any commercials, it almost sounded wireless-mic like. Very strange.

n5ims

An IFB should be in the 450-451 MHz and/or 455-456 MHz range, not in the 467 MHz range.

True if it's a local station's IFB, but I've seen some satellite trucks have a few of the nationwide itinerant channels on their trucks for various purposes, including a temp IFB signal for a live shot. This allows the talent to use a familiar setup for their shot, although the frequency has been changed from a normal IFB channel to what was selected at the time when their normal IFB signal can't be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.