Boston Citywide

Status
Not open for further replies.

djs9164

Does anyone know what the Boston Citywide channels are. They seem to simulcasts of police dispatch, but there is no pattern to when they broadcast. The channel are located on the Mass State Police trunk and the Commonwealth of MA P25 trunk. TIA.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Boston Police, Boston Fire, BAPERN, and MetroFire still use UHF Conventional. Citywide 3 is 460.2000. Some of the talkgroups on the state P25 system are patches of those frequencies. Boston Fire does have several command/tac talkgroups on the system that are not patches.

73 Eric

garys

Premium Subscriber
Citywide 3 is the TG that they are simulcasting most of the District traffic on. On the 700 system, it's 2825. On Zone 1 on the MSP system it's, 45200.

Why they are doing that and for how long is anybody's guess.

djs9164

Citywide 3 is the TG that they are simulcasting most of the District traffic on. On the 700 system, it's 2825. On Zone 1 on the MSP system it's, 45200.

Why they are doing that and for how long is anybody's guess.
So there really is no system of why this is done?

garys

Premium Subscriber
There may be, but I don't know it. There has been speculation that they are testing coverage for a potential future BPD 700 Mhz trunk, but that's just speculation. BPD is going to have a new system at some point, but I've heard four separate stories about what it will be.

We'll know when we know.

BTW, I didn't even know about 460.200. I know that BPD licensed it when Providence, RI and Nashua, NH stopped using it, but I didn't know that it was active. I've been listening for the past hour or so and they are not simulcasting anything on it.

So there really is no system of why this is done?

coolrich55

There may be, but I don't know it. There has been speculation that they are testing coverage for a potential future BPD 700 Mhz trunk, but that's just speculation. BPD is going to have a new system at some point, but I've heard four separate stories about what it will be.

We'll know when we know.

BTW, I didn't even know about 460.200. I know that BPD licensed it when Providence, RI and Nashua, NH stopped using it, but I didn't know that it was active. I've been listening for the past hour or so and they are not simulcasting anything on it.

I thought it was official that BPD was going P25 conventional.

systech456

Boston CW 3 is patched to an RX at BPD HQ.
It is scanning channels 1-6.
This was done to facilitate trunking users to be able to monitor BPD district channels.
Think ACO, BTD, SCSD, etc.
It was done with a scanning RX to reduce the burden on the trunk system.

BPD is going P25 conventional.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. That's all interesting information. On a guess, it seems like there won't be encryption on 1-6, and maybe some others. A lot of Boston EMS units also listen to BPD, BFD, and even the MSP and MassPort trunks. It gives us a jump on calls.

Boston CW 3 is patched to an RX at BPD HQ.
It is scanning channels 1-6.
This was done to facilitate trunking users to be able to monitor BPD district channels.
Think ACO, BTD, SCSD, etc.
It was done with a scanning RX to reduce the burden on the trunk system.

BPD is going P25 conventional.

Status
Not open for further replies.