South Shore Hospital starting Weymouth 911 on 7/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
On July 1 South Shore Hospital will be providing EMS to the town of Weymouth. Does anyone know what frequencies they plan on using?

TY

garys

Premium Subscriber
Well, they do. ;)

Currently they operate on 463.225, but that's for what is primarily a transfer service.

It's possible that they will be dispatched by the police or fire department.

Currently Fallon does the EMD and dispatches their units and notifies the FD on Fallon Ch 1. I don't know who will be doing the EMD, although it could be the hospital.

If you search WPXW278 on the FCC license database, you'll see that they have a lot of UHF frequencies licensed for both analog and DMR. 463.225 in one of those frequencies.

If you go to Norfolk County College And Hospital Operations - Scan New England Wiki, you'll see some of the frequencies and what they are used for.

I'd start putting in frequencies and listening to see what is active and what isn't.

The last I saw, back in March, they were using lower end portable radios that could scan police and fire as well as their operating frequency.

-

matt131

QRT
Premium Subscriber
in a video in the news today it showed the inside of the new ambulances that the hospital will be using. The front of the ambulance had a Kenwood NX5000 series mobile installed. No other radios noticed.

garys

Premium Subscriber
462.050 DMR with three Talk Groups. One of those is for the radio techs, so we probably won't see it to often.

My guess is that they are going to use one for 9-1-1 and one for transfers. Or maybe supervisors. We'll have much clearer picture starting at midnight tonight.

Weymouth FD has access to at least one of the TGs as I heard them testing last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.