RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Massachusetts Radio Discussion Forum

Massachusetts Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Massachusetts.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2018, 12:00 PM

Default Digital Scanner

Hi,

Iím in the market for a digital scanner. I listen to multiple towns. One town I know of is going digital. I was thinking of getting the Motorola Astro Xts 3000 off eBay. I was just looking for opinions, recommendations, or tips that you may have.

Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2018, 5:16 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Any P25 scanner would suffice in Massachusetts. I don't believe there are any Phase 2 systems in the state. If you have a High budget I would go with the Whistler TRX 1 or 2 if you are interested in DMR Radio. A lot of Private Ambulance companies are on a 900mhz DMR system and that scanner does cover this system. I have the TRX 1 and I love it. I had to buy it because all the Frequencies i used to listen too switched over to DMR. Depending where you live, Holyoke Fire Department is on DMR and I believe Longmeadow also.
Old 10-22-2018, 6:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I use the Uniden BCD436HP, BCD536HP & SDS100. They all receive and track DMR, NXDN, P25 Phase1 &2, etc. I am very happy with the performance with all of the above.