Scanner Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam_Neely

Anyone know a store around the Boston area that sells scanners besides the store in Needham ? Seems like they are all gone and you are forced to buy on-line and take your chances.

WildPony

Just curious why you won't buy from You-Do-It. I buy all my stuff there. They have good pricing and always seem to have what I need. Is that the store you are referring to?

Cam_Neely

Don't get me wrong. They are a good store and I have used them too especially when I was in college. They are good for electronic parts, tools, and instruments for building projects or specialty items like security camera's.

However, they are overpriced especially when it comes to basic everyday electronic items. This is why they don't quote prices over the phone or list them on the web.

The BC246T was listed for $40 more than on-line stores. I remember A & W was one of the best places to go for scanners but they are not around anymore.

Styles

Cam_Neely said:
Anyone know a store around the Boston area that sells scanners besides the store in Needham ? Seems like they are all gone and you are forced to buy on-line and take your chances.

How about Scanner Master ? ?

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Scanner Master will sell "in store", but you need to call first to confirm they have the item in stock, and when you wish to stop in there.

Cam_Neely

Yes, but Scanner Master is not open weekends which makes it tough to get to. It's a good web site but e-mail response is unacceptible. I got a response back 3 weeks later.

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
I will vouch for their reputation for online purchases. They are a great company with timely shipping, good pricing, and overall service. I wouldn't let a delayed email response sway your opinion. I know you were looking for someone that sold over-the-counter, and they do to some extent, but I highly recommend them for on line purchases.

Cam_Neely

I'm familiar with those on-line stores. I'm looking for walk-in stores in the Boston area.

Status
Not open for further replies.