The RadioReference.com Forums

The RadioReference.com Forums (https://forums.radioreference.com/)
-   Massachusetts Radio Discussion Forum (https://forums.radioreference.com/massachusetts-radio-discussion-forum/)
-   -   peabody Fire gone digi ? (https://forums.radioreference.com/massachusetts-radio-discussion-forum/75841-peabody-fire-gone-digi.html)

jwile20vt 07-17-2007 11:42 PM

peabody Fire gone digi ?

i thought i kept up on the local local stuff but i hadnt heard... but i have been getting p25 digi trans that are encrypted on the peabody fd freq ( 484.6625 )
i have never heard that before on there freq

it scared me and confused me cause i had my 785 cranked being in bed on the other side of the room and all of a sudden i hear aliens and got confused cause i didn't have anyone scanning who has digital...until now i guess??

anyone know anymore bout it?

studgeman 07-18-2007 9:57 AM

The frequency is co-licensed by Foxboro FD and some agency in New Bedford. I am very confident that it is not Foxboro FD, as I am very famailiar with the communications there. It could possibly be New Bedford, even though their main communications are on the trunk, they could have secondary communications someplace else, with like investigators. That might explain the digital. I am actually suprised to see digital on a fire channel. Most MA fire departments are ANTI-Digital, let alone encrypted.

garys 07-18-2007 2:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by studgeman
The frequency is co-licensed by Foxboro FD and some agency in New Bedford. I am very confident that it is not Foxboro FD, as I am very famailiar with the communications there. It could possibly be New Bedford, even though their main communications are on the trunk, they could have secondary communications someplace else, with like investigators. That might explain the digital. I am actually suprised to see digital on a fire channel. Most MA fire departments are ANTI-Digital, let alone encrypted.

New Bedford is NOT on a trunk. All of their channels are UHF-T. One of them is encrypted for use as a regional detective channel and as it happens, that's the same frequency as Peabody uses for police dispatch. New Bedford PD bought all digital capable radios 7 or so years back when they went to an all Motorola system. That replaced a hodge podge of equipment including some Kenwood commercial gear that they had. To my knowledge, although it's been several years since I worked down there, their main operations are not digital or encrypted, just the detective stuff.

Gary

Rickey334 07-19-2007 12:54 PM

484.6625 D023 is listed in the RR database for Foxboro Fire. I also hear them on this frequency.

Styles 07-19-2007 4:59 PM

It's New Bedford Detectives. On good tropo nights you can hear them on the Northshore clashing with Peabody Fire on 484.6625 PL 203.5

JD