Programing VXR-7000 Base/Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

victap

Hello everyone. I work for a U.S. non-profit hq at Laguna Hills, CA, with operations in Baja Mexico. We build houses in one day with the participation of many volunteers (40 per house, at times we build 8 in one day). We have six community centers (4 in Tijuana and 2 in rural areas of Tecate) and one satellite office in Tijuana.

Radio communications are of the upmost importance to coordinate multiple buildsites, volunteers, convoys and caravans as well as in case of emergencies or harrasement by the local police.

We have vertex handhelds (VX-210AV), mobiles (VX-3000V), and we recently were given a VXR-7000V.

I have the programming software for all the equipment as well as the cables. I tried programing our VXR-7000V to the frequencies we have and it does not seem to work.

I am not a radio expert, nor an amateur one; but, undertand the software (pretty straight forward). I need help in making this critical piece of equipment working as our Spring build season starts next week.

We appreciate all helpwe can get.

Vic
www.corazon.org

mancow

Database Admin
What does it not do? Does it not transmit or receiver or just not accept the data you are trying to program in or....?

What range of frequencies are you trying to put in it?

victap

I think I know what I was doing wrong. I had our primary frequency 151.650 in the RX and TX with a Duplex setting rather than a Simplex which was causing it to get "stuck" when some one transmitted.

I programmed channel 2 with RX on 151.650 and TX on 152.650 on all mobiles and handhelds; and RX on 152.650 and TX on 151.650 on the scanner with a duplex setting.

Le me get a print out on pDf and have it available.

Status
Not open for further replies.