Sanilac County Sheriff Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanWoodsman

Is anyone else monitoring them this morning. They are coming thru here on a seldom used local police freq. 155.5375. The data base lists their freq as 155.535. This would be about 80 miles away as the crow flies from where I am (lucky skip?). Started out at about 05:45 hrs as a open 911 call which turned into a mother (found on road with injuries) accusing her son of assaulting her & her husband. K9 called out to search for son. May still be ongoing but it seems that it may have moved to another channel and possibly cell phones. Still hearing some transmissions but quiet on the search. A few minutes ago I heard a helicopter on this channel reporting it was landing due to weather. Road references and a river name lead me to identify it as Sanilac County.

Rick

Last edited:

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
That was a stabbing and murders. Over here tv12 and tv5 reported it but no video on their site yet.
http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=6926980
Police: Relative Fatally Stabs 2 In Sanilac Co. - News Story - WNEM Saginaw

far as the channel... if you were to go to 155.535 you certainly would have picked it up better certainly.
The signal evidently was strong enough to be picked it up slightly off channel. It was only .025 off.
That 155.535 comes in pretty good all the time out here in Bay City too.

Last edited:

CanWoodsman

far as the channel... if you were to go to 155.535 you certainly would have picked it up better certainly.
The signal evidently was strong enough to be picked it up slightly off channel. It was only .025 off.
Close as I can get with the preset freq steps in my scanner.
That 155.535 comes in pretty good all the time out here in Bay City too.
You are twice as close as me. Early morning with overcast weather seems to bring in the Michigan signals here. I only pick them up if they are on or very near freq's I monitor regularly. I'm only using a Yeasu VR-120D with the standard rubber ducky antenna that comes with it. Will be upgrading the antenna soon.

Rick

bigbluemsp

Im 15-18 miles from where it happened. Im good friends with one of the first responding Deputies that was on location. All he can legally tell me is that it was the most brutal scene he has ever seen in his 20 year career.

wbiskey

This is big news for the thumb area. I heard the call around 5:45 AM, I was unable to listen as I was on my way out the door. I seen on the news tonight 2 dead, 2 are hurt pretty bad, and 1 should be in jail. Hopefully the two females will pull through.

I spoke to my father earlier, he said that years ago he built the dead guys garage and breezeway. How strange is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.