MPSCS Site RR GPS Data download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8RDF

(vanity call, "Radio Direction Finder")
Premium Subscriber
I used ARC-XT Pro to download the MPSCS System (thank goodness for RR!), but all the sites have the same name and, as far as I can see, no further identifying information. I'd like to put the GPS data for each site in my 996XT, but don't see a way to identify which downloaded site is which location. (I'd rather not try manually to match sets of site frequencies to the RR Site List, if they're even unique). RR has all the lat/lon info and displays a nice MPSCS site map. So am I missing something, or has somebody done this already? Please tell me there's a way to download the MPSCS sites with the GPS data, or a least a way to tell which is which without manually entering the whole thing as a new system. Thanks for looking.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If memory serves, FreeScan can handle this - don't know if ARC-XT has this ability... let's start here - look at the first jpeg on

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Freescan_Create_Site

You must click on 'Use GPS with this site' then click on the Edit Loc and Range button...

This article tells you more about the GPS setting screen you will then see (I haven't had use for this, but Assaf is easy to find here and on his dedicated forum...)

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/FreeSCAN-GPS

73 Mike

Last edited:

N8RDF

(vanity call, "Radio Direction Finder")
Premium Subscriber
OOPS- My Bad

Thanks mike, but it looks like my MPSCS System with "all site names the same" might be the 996XT Preloded version, not the RR download version. My first pass at downloading a current MPSCS System from RR still didn't bring in the GPS data, but all the Sites are identified. I'll keep investigating a more automated method (including FreeScan), but at least I can get the Lat/Lon info one at a time if need be.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
FreeScan will automatically download the GPS data, if it's available. Try it using the RR trunked import function. By the way, as the name implies, it's freeware 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.