Lapeer Co TRS to MPSCS transition

Status
Not open for further replies.

firephotographer50

Premium Subscriber
Any word on if the Lapeer units will be able to affiliate with the Capac tower? (i.e. Will people in Port Huron be able to listen to Lapeer units via the St. Clair county simulcast, similar to hearing Macomb on the SCC Simulcast?)

WU8Y

Good; new towers near Metamora and Dryden will definitely help coverage down this way. The present system's Imlay City tower is...not good even a few miles west of Dryden.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Here is the latest on the site construction going on around Lapeer County. So far everything is on schedule. Also, most of the microwave backbone licenses have been approved by the FCC. You can read more about this developing communications system on their Web site.

73s

Ron

Thunderbolt

The state of Michigan has applied for an STA License from the FCC. This is so they can begin the first phase of testing the new Lapeer County Simulcast System. It looks like this mild winter has moved the schedule up by several weeks. More information can be found at the FCC Web site:

STA application

73s

Ron

Thunderbolt

The FCC has approved the radio license for the new Lapeer County Simulcast System. This means you might see the system come online within the next 30-90 days. Once started, the transition should take only a few weeks.

73's

Ron

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Apparently, this system is now online and using 868.975 MHz at the control channel.

73's

Ron

It's not fully completed, however, Columbiaville has been absorbed into the system. There are six MPSCS sites and one Lapeer site for a total of seven sites in this simulcast network.

kc49425

Feed Provider
Lapeer Co. MPSCS P25 system

I need to know what the talkgroups will be on the new system so I can keep the Lapeer Co. audio feed up and running

marcp90

Premium Subscriber
It's to anyone's guess as to what the new talkgroups will be. We will not know until users start to transition from the old network to the MPSCS. Keep checking the database as talkgroups will be posted here when they are confirmed.

fnnm1062

longtime member
Spoke to a friend of mine in Lapeer County, target date to switchover is now at mid-December. Talkgroups have been assigned, but he does not have anything he can provide me with.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Who will be the users beside city - county PD, will it be city and county fire, govt use , animal control, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.