Bringing back lost feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanbldr

Feed Provider
A while back the Ingham County, Michigan Fire Main talk group feed went offline ("Due to hardware failure"), then disappeared altogether. Are there any plans to bring it back? While the Fire Main talk group is included in the Ingham County Public Safety feed, it is impossible to listen to as the group is constantly stepped on by LE talk groups included in the feed. The Fire Main talk group feed was the sole reason I joined and am now struggling to decide whether to renew.

Thanks.

richtidd

Database Admin
A while back the Ingham County, Michigan Fire Main talk group feed went offline ("Due to hardware failure"), then disappeared altogether. Are there any plans to bring it back? While the Fire Main talk group is included in the Ingham County Public Safety feed, it is impossible to listen to as the group is constantly stepped on by LE talk groups included in the feed. The Fire Main talk group feed was the sole reason I joined and am now struggling to decide whether to renew.

Thanks.

Only if someone volunteers to broadcast it.

OCO

LFD feed has disappeared and "Ingham County Fire" is giving "error loading MP3".. Since LFD was working less than a week ago, possibly the stream provider (moses.bz) is doing some changes. Like the OP of this thread, I just set these streams up for my daughter in Lansing and was hoping she could get the FD dispatches also.. On the off chance he wasn't aware, I sent him a brief (nice, I hope) email to the account listed on his website on the off chance his notification emails are lost/ go somewhere else not regularly watched..

I am amazed at the number of streams provided by the provider, especially the Ingham County ones, since he is located about 50 miles to the east in Fenton... Good guy, doing a nice public service!!

Speedbump32

Ingham County, Michigan Lansing Fire

Does anyone know if this is coming back up? I don't like listening to Ingham Public Safety - it covers too much...I'm looking just at Lansing South and Lansing Fire, which has been offline for quite awhile now. Does anyone know?

richtidd

Database Admin
Does anyone know if this is coming back up? I don't like listening to Ingham Public Safety - it covers too much...I'm looking just at Lansing South and Lansing Fire, which has been offline for quite awhile now. Does anyone know?

Lansing Fire has only been offline for a day.

OCO

:lol:Right - I noted that I thought had heard LFD less than a week ago.... The stranger thing (in my less than full knowledgebase) is the listing in the player for "Ingham County Fire", which is not listed in the available streams listing and gives an "error loading mp3" error...
I'm not sure how the data stream flows, as his equipment is in Lansing, but he has a lot of server equipment in Fenton, based on his website " Moses.bz" . He hasn't tweeted since about the 12th, so he may be out of town.. This is a case of I'm gonna shut up now, because this is a free service, he's got ton's of money wrapped up in it and if you read his home page, he has mannnny irons in the fire.

Speedbump32

Lansing Fire has only been offline for a day.

No, it hasn't. I've checked it every day, several times a day, for at least a week. When I pull up the Ingham County main page, it's showing 0 listeners and is red showing offline. I wouldn't have looked for answers in the forum if it had only been a day...I understand that 'stuff happens'.

OCO

On the move......

Hmmmm. I guess the Live Audio Administration moderators didn't think this was a live audio administration issue... AFAIK, LFD hasn't changed frequencies and is still on the air, just not on the listed Live Audio stream. <crawling back into the cave>.. :wink:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No, it hasn't. I've checked it every day, several times a day, for at least a week. When I pull up the Ingham County main page, it's showing 0 listeners and is red showing offline. I wouldn't have looked for answers in the forum if it had only been a day...I understand that 'stuff happens'.

I left last Saturday for Otsego Lake and apparently we had a power glitch at the house on Monday. I can't get in remotely to recycle so it will be back up tomorrow when I return. So unless you're checking a different feed, LFD hasn't been down for at least a week.

Speedbump32

I left last Saturday for Otsego Lake and apparently we had a power glitch at the house on Monday. I can't get in remotely to recycle so it will be back up tomorrow when I return. So unless you're checking a different feed, LFD hasn't been down for at least a week.

Thank you SO much!! I knew I wasn't crazy, and was just wondering. I love the service you guys provide (on limited income I can't afford a scanner and manage apartments on the south side of Lansing, so I want to know what's going on around me!).

OCO

Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update, I'll tell my daughter when it's back on line. I caused the misdirection on who was providing the feeds, as Fred Moses (moses.bz) is tagged as providing the Ingham County feed - ( "Ingham County Sheriff, Lansing Police and Fire,East Lansing, MSU, Meridian Police and Fire - moses.bz provided" in the feed info) so I thought that he was providing LFD, kind of backed up by looking at his website... The only reason I posted anything (other than to help get my initial post count above the dreaded three count modded limit) was because there was no "report a problem" icon on the LFD stream listing and the "Ingham County Fire" that is giving the MP3 error doesn't even have a listing, just an entry in the player itself.

Thanks for the streams you provide. STAY COOL , stay up north!:cool:

OCO

Thanks Rob.. Sure is quiet in Lansing, repeater ID every 15 minutes, 2 transmissions since about noon. Just heard first actual dispatch. Any idea who provides the non-working ""Ingham County Fire"" feed that shows up in the player? Can't report it to the stream provider, as its not listed in the Ingham Co. feeds?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you are hearing a repeater ID every 15 minutes? There is no talkgroup where that happens...

OCO

I wondered about that and closed / reopened the client. I swear I had Lansing Fire selected, if not it was one of the other Ingham Co. selections. CW repeater ID every 15 minutes..Sounded like the OLD Lansing IDs, but the best I ever did at CW was about 6 WPM and that was 30 years ago (and my hearing is less than optimum now).. This hopefully will all be moot by Wednesday, HP1 should be operational by then, we'll just have to see how well I get the Lansing system from +- 10 miles NE of town. I'm really most interested in the Clinton Co. system and obviously MPSCS.. Again, thanks for restoring the LFD feed, I've called my daughter...

Status
Not open for further replies.