GMRS Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

stebbeds

I'm looking for feed back from anyone who would be interested in having a GMRS repeater running in the Metro Detroit Area (Macomb & Wayne County). I have the equipment and working on maybe getting one up.

w8fsm

Feed Provider
I just launched one in north oakland county... coverage north of flint south of auburn hills.. west to durand.. not sure how far east yet... PM me with your callsign and email address for freq and if you need a private tone..

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
How about one that covers Livingston & Washtenaw moving eastward towards Wayne & Oakland?

EC-7

There used to be one in the Milford / Brighton area years ago on 462.675 - 141.3PL.
I dont know if its even still up or not. I "think" it was up on the hill on Kensington Rd, North of 96, but one of the towers up there that had great coverage has been stripped of all equipment 3 years ago.

I will have one up in the Midland / Saginaw area, in the spring. Ive got a few tower sites Im getting access to after Thanksgiving, but wont have GMRS up till after the snow is gone.

w8fsm

Feed Provider
I have a tall tower about 5-6 miles north of howell that if i had some more gear would put one up on.. but as i am in holly/fenton more figured i would put it up on my holly site... So if i get a donation of more gear or some falls off a truck I can add to cover Livingston better... There is a GMRS repeater in the howell area that the cert guys.. but it's private...

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I have a tall tower about 5-6 miles north of howell that if i had some more gear would put one up on.. but as i am in holly/fenton more figured i would put it up on my holly site... So if i get a donation of more gear or some falls off a truck I can add to cover Livingston better... There is a GMRS repeater in the howell area that the cert guys.. but it's private...

I have a 70-CM ham repeater that I am looking for a tower location for somewhere here in Livingston County; preferably close to Pinckney/Hamburg area. I host an open IRLP, EchoLink, and AllStar nodes plus NOAA weather alerting and various other messaging services that I would like to share within the community, especially since there are so few 70-CM repeaters here. Eventually I will convert this into a hybrid-MotoTRBO system support the same services on both analog and digital.

As far as the GMRS equipment, if I happen upon something simple and inexpensive, perhaps I'll consider hosting it if you're interested.

w8fsm

Feed Provider
Yea i Have a few ham uhf machines.. They are in the north east corner of livingston county.. on the oakland / genesee boarder.. 2 analog uhf's..442.350+ 107.2 / 443.925+ 151.4 the 925 had irlp/echolink but the lightning strike this summer took it out.. replacement board shipped this week.. so will be here next week.. separate dedicated trbo as well.. 443.200 CC1 Group1 Slot1 DMR-MARC IPSC Network group2 slot2 Michigan Local Network.. I don't have room at the main site for GMRS.. but 8 miles west south west have another tower that could put a GMRS at... I put my first GMRS repeater where my 220/900 repeater in holly is..

firetaz834

I would love it if a GMRS system was put in. I have the mobile and portable equipment and would love it if a repeater went up. My areas of travel cover all of that and I used to be on a GMRS repeater that was located in Downtown Detroit, but that was shut down ages ago. I'll keep an eye out on this page incase the repeater goes live that way I can install my equipment back in my vehicle.

Hmm sounds pretty cool to me. That would give me more of an incentive to get my GMRS license, just got my HAM Tech a couple of days ago. I am in Macomb County.

Status
Not open for further replies.