Dispatch center photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SERESAEastpointe

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Anyone know what the gross pointe dispatch center looks like and if they have photos?

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Each of the Pointes and Harper Woods have their own dispatch desk except for the Shores. GP Farms handles dispatching for them. Typical setup that any other dispatch center has but on a smaller scale.

I've never heard that before... What would posting an image of a CAD workstation do for security?

Welcome to the Official Site For Elkhart County, INDIANA

rdale,

You have a valid point.

In THIS case, I thought the last question in the site that you posted was pretty relevant; "Why do you ask me the same questions over and over?"

The facility looks quite comfortable.

I notice the site is © Copyright 2007. Have they updated the furniture since then, and is Egbert Dijkstra still Director? I'll bet his name gets murdered at the monthly Chamber of Commerce breakfasts.

SERESAEastpointe

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
rdale,

You have a valid point.

In THIS case, I thought the last question in the site that you posted was pretty relevant; "Why do you ask me the same questions over and over?"

The facility looks quite comfortable.

I notice the site is © Copyright 2007. Have they updated the furniture since then, and is Egbert Dijkstra still Director? I'll bet his name gets murdered at the monthly Chamber of Commerce breakfasts.

Is all the dispatch desks in the same room?

SCPD

QRT
And for safety and security reasons pics should not be posted!

Yeah, photos of radio councils, telephones and desks. Huge security risk it they fell into the wrong hands.

Especially if they know the type of light bulbs they use for their swivel lights. Big risk.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
The security concern would be showing a CAD screen with someone's address or other info such as caller's name, phone number, etc.

For my dispatch class in the Citizen's Police Academy I had to use a pic of the screen at a time when there were no officers out at any particular address. Had to be real patient to get that one, first thing in the morning when it was slow.

Posted wirelessly using a teeny tiny keyboard, so please excuse any typos.

Yeah, photos of radio councils, telephones and desks. Huge security risk it they fell into the wrong hands.

Especially if they know the type of light bulbs they use for their swivel lights. Big risk.

Rolling and Laughing..

Seriously,the centers usually look more like telemarketing offices than Doc Strangelove's
Big Board...

tjwgrr

A couple images of Kent County's two year old dispatch center:

Calling all cities: Consolidating services may not work, but cash strapped local governments will try it | MLive.com

9159141-large.jpg

dispatch_04.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.