rebanding macomb county

Status
Not open for further replies.

davezanotti

good morning, I just learned about rebanding, and i have to admit i do not know how to reband my pro 2096 radio shack scanner,i would like to do it manuallly , if possible I am sorry but I will need a step by step set up if anyone can help me i would be grateful thanks.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
As far as I know, you cannot enter the necessary tables in the scanner without using software and a computer (PC based.)

n8zcc

good morning, I just learned about rebanding, and i have to admit i do not know how to reband my pro 2096 radio shack scanner,i would like to do it manuallly , if possible I am sorry but I will need a step by step set up if anyone can help me i would be grateful thanks.

I assume you are concerned about Macomb's simulcast system, true? You will only need to change the MPSCS frequency of the control channels once they switch to the new frequencies. If I understand correctly, the current frequencies will drop by 15 MHz.

I don't know when the rebanding project will complete and they start using the new frequencies. I know they are way behind and the UP still isn't rebanded yet.

If I got anything wrong please correct me, I too am looking for the latest info.

nostep

Macomb Sheriff

Anyone know the TG for the Macomb County Sheriff? Radioreference says 2313, but I never see it show up. Lots of Clinton Township, Shelby Township, etc.

NS8E

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Anyone know the TG for the Macomb County Sheriff? Radioreference says 2313, but I never see it show up. Lots of Clinton Township, Shelby Township, etc.

NS8E

I just turned in to it on my PSR 500. I am getting it on 2313.

n8zcc

I still hear them on 2313 but I've notice lately there is not as much activity on 2313 as there use to be (I had a total of seven hits over this past weekend on 2313). I'm listening to the Lakeville tower and I'm thinking more of the SO's traffic is on the simulcast system and not making it to the Lakeville tower. Just a though since I have no idea how radio traffic is routed between the simulcast and the MPSCS towers.

In comparison, I had 93 hits for Clinton Twp. PD, 925 hits on Shelby PD, 622 on St. Clair Shores PD, 243 on Utica, and 810 on Chesterfield over the same period.

Last edited:

freqs

I hear alot on the MSP Spare tg 2008 along with 2313 .I just did hear Sherriff car from Washington Twp on tg 2008 and Macomb Twp car now as well on tg 2008.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
As far as I know, you cannot enter the necessary tables in the scanner without using software and a computer (PC based.)

You actually do it without software and computer.
Really? Well, please, for the edificiation of those of us who don't know how and to help all your area, which apparently really hasn't had to bother with much rebanding yet, maybe you could explain how.

You don't really need to pick a rebanded system, but please explain for those of us who still have Pro-96 or Pro-2096 radios how you access the multi-tables to enter the following for a normal rebanded system.

This is the complete table setup:
Code:
ChLO ChHI  Step    Offset  Base
440  559  25.000  440     851.025000
000  719  25.000    0     851.012500
720  759  25.000    0     848.000000
815  831  25.000    0     846.625000
958  958  25.000  958     868.975000
961 1022  25.000    0     843.400000
Or if that seems too difficult, please just use the following shortened version for systems that don't use frequencies above 862 MHz:
Code:
ChLO ChHI  Step    Offset  Base
440  559  25.000  440     851.025000
000  719  25.000    0     851.012500
It would be nice if you described what buttons needed to be pushed to access the multi-table area; I'm sure all of us will appreciate the information. :)

nostep

Sheriff

Thanks for the info on TG-2313. Still weird that I don't hear the County boyz. Used to hear them all the time on analog. I hear 2008 lotz, but isn't that MSP?

NS8E

freqs

Like I say today Macomb county Sheriff From Macomb Twp and Washington Twp was on tg 2008 that is a MSP Spare tg .Iam not sure why

ronw

Premium Subscriber
rebanding

hi. i am in washtenaw county michigan. ihave a pro96 and a pro106. in reading the macomb county reband post, and the post after showing a reband table. im curious if those tables are intered using arc500 or win 96if things will work alright, the reason i ask is because some places say freqs will drop by 15.mhz.the tables as shown show a 25 mhz drop. does any one know which it may be in michigan. and if there will be any better explanations coming for downloading table info to scanner. i have a general idea on the table download,but not sure. i guess iam the kind of person who works better with a clear cut step by step method of doing things.sometimes i guess it seems more difficult than it really is. any info here will be greatly appreciated. thanks ronw

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Like I say today Macomb county Sheriff From Macomb Twp and Washington Twp was on tg 2008 that is a MSP Spare tg .Iam not sure why

I think MSP cars cover those areas sometimes? In any event they have (or use to have, a few months ago) the two talk-groups patched together. The reason for this was that some of the MSP cars did not have the Sheriff's talk-group programed in their radios. So this was the easy solution that would allow MSP cars to talk to the Sheriff direct without having to make the dispatchers do a phone relay.

The reason it is listed as a spare is it use to be one of the main MSP dispatch channels before they redid the coverage areas for most of their districts.

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
hi. i am in washtenaw county michigan. ihave a pro96 and a pro106. in reading the macomb county reband post, and the post after showing a reband table. im curious if those tables are intered using arc500 or win 96if things will work alright, the reason i ask is because some places say freqs will drop by 15.mhz.the tables as shown show a 25 mhz drop. does any one know which it may be in michigan. and if there will be any better explanations coming for downloading table info to scanner. i have a general idea on the table download,but not sure. i guess iam the kind of person who works better with a clear cut step by step method of doing things.sometimes i guess it seems more difficult than it really is. any info here will be greatly appreciated. thanks ronw
What system are you talking about?

The Michigan state system is a P25 system. There is no such thing as rebanding on a P25 system. The frequencies may change, but that is not rebanding. Rebanding is not changing frequencies, it is changing the LCN tables to adapt for the interspacing of new frequencies in the 800 MHz spectrum. The only systems that are affected by this are Motorola 800 MHz systems as they are the only ones that had pre-published LCN tables.

ronw

Premium Subscriber
about rebanding

thanks lou for the respoonse to my post. yes michigan is a p25 system .guess i was unaware it was just the 800 systems that were being rebanded. read rebanding was in process in michigan. thanks again foe the education. ronw s.e. michigan

kd8ati

Feed Provider

The Michigan state system is a P25 system. There is no such thing as rebanding on a P25 system. The frequencies may change, but that is not rebanding. Rebanding is not changing frequencies, it is changing the LCN tables to adapt for the interspacing of new frequencies in the 800 MHz spectrum. The only systems that are affected by this are Motorola 800 MHz systems as they are the only ones that had pre-published LCN tables.

uhhhh what?!?! Rebanding is the changing of frequencies.
Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

freqs

I think MSP cars cover those areas sometimes? In any event they have (or use to have, a few months ago) the two talk-groups patched together. The reason for this was that some of the MSP cars did not have the Sheriff's talk-group programed in their radios. So this was the easy solution that would allow MSP cars to talk to the Sheriff direct without having to make the dispatchers do a phone relay.

The reason it is listed as a spare is it use to be one of the main MSP dispatch channels before they redid the coverage areas for most of their districts.
MSP are within Macomb County the primary area for them are the North part and Freeways.But you will see them all over the county .At one time they had more area's to cover in the county. whatever the County or local's dont cover the state does . I did hear that was the reason for the use of tg 2008 and a patch with the county tg

krokus

Premium Subscriber

MPSCS, Sprint/Nextel and the FCC call it rebanding. I guess they are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.