Ham radio repeaters in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Hi...I'm looking for active 2M/70cm repeaters in and around Munising Michigan. I'm going to be vacationing there in July. Thanks in advance.

KD8PVX

Looks like Alger County has an Amateur Radio club and their own 2 meter repeater. The site hasn't been updated in what looks like almost 2 years, but they are probably still active.

Alger Amateur Radio Club

They list a few near by repeaters too. I would show up to one of the meetings on Monday at 7pm to get to know some of the local hams.

EDIT: oops just finished re-reading and saw you are going to be vacationing there. Looks like they have a phone number on the front page. Give them a call then. Enjoy your vacation!

- William KD8PVX

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the replies. I'll probably do a band search with the scanner on the way up there too.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
If you're going up through Michigan to get there, Grand Rapids has a linked repeater system that will pretty much take you from the Indiana line to the Mackinac Bridge. It's call sign is W8HVG. I know there are links in Kalamazoo, Cadillac, Traverse City, & Vanderbilt, as well as several others.

sparks40

Premium Subscriber
If you're going up through Michigan to get there, Grand Rapids has a linked repeater system that will pretty much take you from the Indiana line to the Mackinac Bridge. It's call sign is W8HVG. I know there are links in Kalamazoo, Cadillac, Traverse City, & Vanderbilt, as well as several others.

I'm actually going up through Wisconsin, which I already had the frequencies loaded for. I also emailed the Alger Amateur Radio Club and got the frequencies for the linked system for the UP. I'll also be monitoring/calling on 520 on the way up, and also when I'm headed back.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
UP Repeaters

Here's another with Wisconsin in it displayed in a map format so it's easy to see where they are in relation to your drive.

Upper Michigan Amateur Repeaters

QUOTE=sparks40;1964464]I'm actually going up through Wisconsin, which I already had the frequencies loaded for. I also emailed the Alger Amateur Radio Club and got the frequencies for the linked system for the UP. I'll also be monitoring/calling on 520 on the way up, and also when I'm headed back.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.