Battle Creek Balloon & Airshow 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utah_Viper

It is that time of year again. This year though I am going to make the show! I know that there are a couple older threads on the BC Airshow but think its appropriate to start one for this year.

Wondering if anyone has any details on this ear yet? Also I saw the freqs used in previous years and hope they will be the same. The other thing I am looking for is "what to listen too" type of information for the Kalamazoo area where we will be staying Friday and Saturday. Anyone have a .p500 file?

looking forward to the weekend!! Maybe meet some of you there.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Battle Creek Airshow

Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festival! Voted #1 Activity in West Michigan... July 2 - 6, 2014 - Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show & Balloon Festival Show details for this year

Kalamazoo County, Michigan (MI) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Kalamazon County

And the MPSCS system but K-Zoo DPS for the city and twp are encrypted.

Battle Creek is in Calhoun county and police are all encrypted.

It is that time of year again. This year though I am going to make the show! I know that there are a couple older threads on the BC Airshow but think its appropriate to start one for this year.

Wondering if anyone has any details on this ear yet? Also I saw the freqs used in previous years and hope they will be the same. The other thing I am looking for is "what to listen too" type of information for the Kalamazoo area where we will be staying Friday and Saturday. Anyone have a .p500 file?

looking forward to the weekend!! Maybe meet some of you there.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Here is a quick link to the thread from 2012 which has some good info, including road closures, most of which is still relevant:

http://forums.radioreference.com/michigan-radio-discussion-forum/243112-battle-creek-air-show.html

The law enforcement agencies working the event usually use one of the countywide non-encrypted TG's for event traffic.

As I get updated info, I will post it here ASAP. I will be going to the airshow at least one of those days, since I have the whole weekend off this year!

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
Thunderbirds are scheduled to arrive today, don't have a time yet. Thunderbird 8 (Announcer/advance man) arrived yesterday and showed off a bit. Went right over our house.

We'll be on the grounds for the show tomorrow, have a family event on Saturday, then will probably view the show from our "usual" spot on Sunday (Dickman & Helmer at Ryder Truck Rental).

Viper, I'll send you a PM with my cell number.

drdispatch

Premium Subscriber
Thunderbirds arrived at 1518 today. Went to the field and got a great view from the corner of Dickman and Helmer.

Air Boss: 123.550
Thunderbird Control: 235.250
Air-to-air: 141.175
(Also started picking up traffic when they were about 50 miles out.)
Solos 5 & 6: 322.950

Law enforcement comms will be on MPSCS 13SPEV1 (3250)

Status
Not open for further replies.