AMR GRand Rapids Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had been listening to AMR in Grand Rapids with no problems. Suddenly I am not hearing anything from them at all. I have checked the frequencies. What might you have listed as frequencies for AMR Grand Rapids? Also PL's if any applicable. Thanks in advance for any help. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Marv

RayAir

I had been listening to AMR in Grand Rapids with no problems. Suddenly I am not hearing anything from them at all. I have checked the frequencies. What might you have listed as frequencies for AMR Grand Rapids? Also PL's if any applicable. Thanks in advance for any help. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Marv

I've checked licenses for that area and I noticed different LE and FD frequencies now are licensed for MotoTRBO or NXDN. I'm not sure about AMR, but I would suspect they went MotoTRBO based on something I read a couple months ago.

I'll be in northern Barry after Christmas for a few days and plan on taking my laptop (DSD+).

I'll advise if I find anything.

AMR Grand Rapids

RayAir - thanks for the reply. Yea -I wondered what happened. They were even showing up with name tag on screen. Now I get nothing on 3 different freqs I have for them. But emailed a person in GR who is receiving them fine. .?? BTW I live in northern Barry Co. near Lakewood HS. Will be interested in what you find.

RayAir

RayAir - thanks for the reply. Yea -I wondered what happened. They were even showing up with name tag on screen. Now I get nothing on 3 different freqs I have for them. But emailed a person in GR who is receiving them fine. .?? BTW I live in northern Barry Co. near Lakewood HS. Will be interested in what you find.

I'll be near Middleville either Monday or Tuesday night for a few days. I'll do some checking. If someone is monitoring them on analog in Grand Rapids that is good news, but doesn't explain why you're not hearing them anymore. Pretty sure AMR just converted one of their systems to DMR but can't remember which one.

I see Barry County Sheriff has NXDN emission designator on their license. Do you know if they're actually using it?

Can you monitor DMR and/or NXDN?

Been listening to Barry Co on MPSCS
Until yesterday I had not even heard of DMR and / or NXDN so I have been Googling and reading until my brain has gone into overload. Also looked into DSD+ but have not downloaded anything at this point. I am not all that computer savvy. :(
I have a 436HP and a 536HP and a Whistler WS1095 but have been seeing conflicting issues if any would receive DMR. So I will wait to see what you find out. Thanks

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
I'll be near Middleville either Monday or Tuesday night for a few days. I'll do some checking. If someone is monitoring them on analog in Grand Rapids that is good news, but doesn't explain why you're not hearing them anymore. Pretty sure AMR just converted one of their systems to DMR but can't remember which one.

I see Barry County Sheriff has NXDN emission designator on their license. Do you know if they're actually using it?

Can you monitor DMR and/or NXDN?
''

Barry County is on the states P25 system as I am a broadcaster.
I can monitor them from DSDif you give me the freq to see what they are for the DMR or NXDN. I am just south of middleville.

Also what is the freq you are talking about for AMR?

RayAir

''

Barry County is on the states P25 system as I am a broadcaster.
I can monitor them from DSDif you give me the freq to see what they are for the DMR or NXDN. I am just south of middleville.

Also what is the freq you are talking about for AMR?

Michigan Medic said he wasn't receiving AMR anymore from his location in Barry County, but someone else said they still can monitor them in Kent county on analog. I have no info as to what frequencies or radios they're using. DMR was just speculation as AMR went to DMR on one of their systems in Indiana.

Thanks for the info on Barry County being P25. I noticed a few FD's in that area as well as community college police being licensed for TRBO (RR database license search), any verification on TRBO in the Barry/Kent Co. area?

I'll be looking for DMR or NXDN next week in that area.

jack3726

It's been a while, but years ago I believe AMR was primarily heard when dispatched for Kent and Ottawa County(Holland). As you got out of the metro area and into surrounding counties then other ambulance providers were used as well like Wayland and Rockford, etc..

In the DB there is no listing of a Freq for AMR, no tag either. For the counties etc on MPSCS, is all of the ambulance traffic now on P25 or just patched or ??

I asked a question a couple of months ago about the EMS med channels as they seem very quiet now. I was told that they are on MPSCS, this I cannot confirm since I don't have a MPSCS capable radio. It appears there are different TGID's on the Barry system for ambulance radio traffic as well.

Also, I could only find 1 hit of AMR in the RadioDB, maybe they decided to go on to MPSCS.

RayAir

There are new talk groups on the TRT Partner's MotoTRBO Capacity Plus system which serves the western MI area.

I logged some talk groups last summer, but these new TGs on the system now are Enhanced Privacy encrypted.

24/7 operation.

Monitored from northern Barry Co.

Possibly AMR or another EMS/public safety service on this system?

451.7875 2CC- Capacity Plus (1,2)
New TG's: 28, 29 (Enc)

RayAir

Anyone have one of the new radios that receives MotoTrbo?

Yes, but one won't do you any good to monitor AMR on Tele-Rad's Cap+ system. The TG's are enhanced privacy encrypted and some time last spring/early summer they enabled RAS also.

Status
Not open for further replies.