Hiawatha National Forest Radio Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud229

I am in Upper Michigan
Does anyone out there know the radio frequency for Hiawatha National Forest?

They use to use 164.825 but that frequency has not been in use for 2 years now
I have not heard anything on it.

hightime

I noticed the lack of traffic too. I am getting traffic on 170.15 MHz with a tone of 110.9. I'm thinking, it's the Hiawatha's new dispatch channel, judging from the chatter; but can't say for sure. Give it a try, maybe you can ID it better.

bud229

Hiawatha National Forest Radio

I will give that a try and see if I hear anything I will get back to you on it if I hear anything in my area.

bud229

I noticed the lack of traffic too. I am getting traffic on 170.15 MHz with a tone of 110.9. I'm thinking, it's the Hiawatha's new dispatch channel, judging from the chatter; but can't say for sure. Give it a try, maybe you can ID it better.

Ok I listened into that frequency and that is Hiawatha they have been saying forest dispatch and I have been hearing them talking to each other during the day talking about the camp grounds that I stay at during the summer.
Also I found them on 168.650 that one is Forest dispatch to plane.
Glad you found them.
How did you find there frequency did you search for it on your scanner?

hightime

Every so often, when the conditions are right, I'll search 162.6 to 174mhz on the scanner. Found that frequency and parked there for a bit to see if I could determine who it was. I punched in the Dispatch to air frequency in, and will see if I can pull them in. I'm in western Menominee County, so it's a stretch.

ecps92

With many forests changing frequencies to align with the NTIA requirements, as well as adding additional NETS, it is well worth the Search of 162-174 Mhz routinely.

Also in the past 5+ years, Hiawatha has added some new Tower Sites
Ok I listened into that frequency and that is Hiawatha they have been saying forest dispatch and I have been hearing them talking to each other during the day talking about the camp grounds that I stay at during the summer.
Also I found them on 168.650 that one is Forest dispatch to plane.
Glad you found them.
How did you find there frequency did you search for it on your scanner?

prowisscan

I know that this reply is a little late. Thanks for finding the new frequency for Hiawatha. I vacation in Northern Door Co and I always enjoyed listening to 164.825/164.125 and noticed more silence than usual. What is the input frequency for 170.15? I will have to give it a try next time I'm up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.