Small Changes at Washtenaw Central Dispatch - Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFD4305

This week, Central has been dispatching Ypsi City and Twp on TG 2822, which is listed as "Ann Arbor City Dispatch" in the database. I've only heard AA City dispatched on this TG for the past 18 months. Does anyone have (insider) insights into this change and what others may be coming?
TIA

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I know that Washtenaw Central Dispatch (HVA) now dispatches Pittsfield Twp. FD, and were talking about making some changes to their talkgroups a few months ago. However, I haven't heard of anything permanent as of this time.

73's

Ron

FPOWLD

I see, according to RR that 154.250 has been depreciated/No longer used/available for dispatching Washtenaw county fire units.

Sentinel641

Washtenaw County is moving to a dispatch setup and system similar to that of HVA.

81FIRE1 is now going to be the main dispatch channel for all FD's in Washtenaw County. 81FIRE2 will be assigned to units responding for routine communications, and 81FIRE3 will be assigned as 81FIRE2 becomes crowded with more and more traffic. I'm not sure about

INTEROP channels are going to stay the same for larger scale incidents.

Sentinel641

This change to the dispatching model and use of talk-groups coincides with the arrival of the new APX radios that the county bought.

AAFD already has them in service, as well as a few other departments. There are also a few paid-on-call departments that either haven't gotten them so far or haven't had the training and switched yet.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Washtenaw County is moving to a dispatch setup and system similar to that of HVA.

81FIRE1 is now going to be the main dispatch channel for all FD's in Washtenaw County. 81FIRE2 will be assigned to units responding for routine communications, and 81FIRE3 will be assigned as 81FIRE2 becomes crowded with more and more traffic. I'm not sure about

INTEROP channels are going to stay the same for larger scale incidents.
That plan got scrapped. What was instituted, a few weeks ago:

Fire 1 - Ann Arbor City & Pittsfield Twp
Fire 2 - Ann Arbor Twp, Superior Twp, Ypsi City, Ypsi Twp
Fire 3 - all others dispatched by Emergent Health (HVA)

Fire 4 is in limbo, at this time.

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.