Mackinaw Area Digital or Analog or Both?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DewAddict

I see digital talkgroups (MPSCS) and analog (VHF) frequencies for Cheboygan and Emmett counties and the areas up near Mackinaw City. Are they using both up there? I'm heading up in a few months and wanted to get the scanner ready.

Thanks for the help.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If it's in the database, it's most likely in use.

a29zuk

Up until last August the CCE(Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet) Police Dispatch has been on the MPSCS but the Fire and EMS were on VHF. It looks like they have recently added MPSCS ID's for Fire and EMS Dispatches in Cheboygan and Emmet counties.

They have also added a new MPSCS site in Mackinac City since I was up there last August.

I will be going up there in two weeks and see if the new site and talkgroups are in service. I will let you know via this thread.

Jim

w8fsm

Feed Provider
VHF is still patched to MPSCS talkgroups... Most units are still on VHF.. But everything is patched. The Mackinaw City tower is online for MPSCS as well as CCE VHF channels..

As for TG's I see more radios affiliated on 16P911 then 24P911 by 2 to 1 factor.. but right now only have 11 radios on 24P911 off petoskey...

a29zuk

VHF is still patched to MPSCS talkgroups... Most units are still on VHF.. But everything is patched. The Mackinaw City tower is online for MPSCS as well as CCE VHF channels..

As for TG's I see more radios affiliated on 16P911 then 24P911 by 2 to 1 factor.. but right now only have 11 radios on 24P911 off petoskey...

Thanks for the info. I still have the VHF stuff for those counties in my scanner.
Yesterday I added the Mackinaw City site and the patched ID's for fire and EMS.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.