At Clair Shores PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know if the St Clair Ahores PD is still on the Eastern Wayne Consortium tower? Haven’t heard them for a few days.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
SCS PD / Eastern Wanyne Consortium

It’s more than that. All of the SCS calls were coming off of that tower. Now they are not, Looks like they have added a couple of new 700MHz frequencies. Will try adding them.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
There were some new antenna sites scheduled to go live in Macomb/St. Clair Counties in early October. No further details as I'm not at liberty to disclose/discuss them.

fnnm400

Premium Subscriber
They are probably on the SERESA Law talk group. I don’t listen to them, but I’m almost sure that is where you will find them.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
SCS PD

Yes. Been monitoring them for months on Serena via the eastern Wayne system because i can’t monitor on The macomb county simulcast sytem due to local interference. For the last few days I am unable to monitor them. Something has changed.

opps2016

If a radio doesn’t affiliate there you won’t hear any traffic period. Not much more about it unless your device doesn’t pick up 700.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Not roaming

Thank you that makes more sense than just an affiliation issue. I can’t monitor the Macomb County Simulcast system where I live due to commercial 800 MHz traffic on a tower located in Brys Park that interferes with the Macomb system. Hopefully Macomb County System goes to 700 MHz some day, won’t hold my breath.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Seresa

Able to receive SCS PD off of the Detroit system. Not exactly full quieting as local commercial RF (200 yards away) still has negative impact on my reception. All in all, the Detroit system offers slightly improved SCS PD reception over the Macomb County simulcast system. Might try RF attenuation to pad down adjacent channel interference.

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
Able to receive SCS PD off of the Detroit system. Not exactly full quieting as local commercial RF (200 yards away) still has negative impact on my reception. All in all, the Detroit system offers slightly improved SCS PD reception over the Macomb County simulcast system. Might try RF attenuation to pad down adjacent channel interference.

Have you tried the Mt. Clemens site to see if that works at all?

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Perceived benefit?

Well if I am receiving adjacent channel interference from a commercial tower near 8 1/2 mile and Harper (Brys Park) then I would hope that changing from 800 MHz to 700 would make a difference. Yes have a spectrum analyzer know what I am talking about. Yes have used antenution from 1 to 10 dB to pad down the interfering problem. The adjacent desense is active on almost all of the frequencies arriving from the Macomb Simulcast tower near 10 Mile and Harper. The frequencies used by the CEW are not negativity impacted at my location. Everything worked fine while SCS roamed off the CEW site. Due to site loading SCS SERESA) had to terminate terminate their transmissions at CEW. But thanks for asking.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Well if I am receiving adjacent channel interference from a commercial tower near 8 1/2 mile and Harper (Brys Park) then I would hope that changing from 800 MHz to 700 would make a difference. Yes have a spectrum analyzer know what I am talking about.

What is the frequency of the interfering signal?

flippus1

Old Timer
Premium Subscriber
Macomb County Simulcast issue

I live near St Joan of Arc and have always had problems picking up Macomb County Towers. Recently I was tweaking and I manually added NAC numbers to site on SDS100. Seems like it woke up Macomb County reception. Site NAC = 79B.

Smac61

Feed Provider
Well if I am receiving adjacent channel interference from a commercial tower near 8 1/2 mile and Harper (Brys Park) then I would hope that changing from 800 MHz to 700 would make a difference.

Wouldn't really help.

When we say "going 700" what that means is we add additional capacity at the sites in the form of 700 channels. The sites then become "mixed" 7-800 and the subscribers that are 700 capable *can* be assigned those resources. Having said that, we are already "700" Seeing as it's typically a couple of add on channels, your problem would still be there most transmissions.

Just an FYI...

Status
Not open for further replies.