Civil Air Patrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

rbm

For those using Uniden scanners, here's my CAP usd file. It may save you some typing.

Rich

Last edited:

ecps92

For those of us who don't use that Software, would you be so kind to post in ASCII , what is contained in your file :confused:

For those using Uniden scanners, here's my CAP usd file. It may save you some typing.

Rich

Last edited:

Resdon111

Folks, the new frequencies haven't even been released for general CAP member knowledge yet (and likely won't be). I doubt that those frequencies are the real ones as they have been changed a number of times. CAP isn't the only organization transitioning frequencies/narrowbanding. Communications headquarters (and everyone in CAP for that matter) will be/have been tight lipped about frequencies as they are classified by the DoD as "Unclassified//For Official Use Only". If you provide a reliable source I might be more inclined to believe them, but until you pick up actual chatter on the frequencies don't be surprised if they're way off.

SIGNAL555

Got to like Mr. Google. Very interesting, here's the new public access channel plan:

http://txwgcap.org/comm/Narrow_Band_Transition_Training_PPT3.ppt

html: Narrow Band Transition Training

Get it quickly before it disappears.
Nows the time to start getting a baseline on the current CAP scheduled nets that operate in your georaphic area. When they disappear, start searching for the new freqs (likely repeater outputs).
Also if you monitor VHF aero (air traffic control/uncontrolled airfields UNICOM) & hear more than one aircraft with the callsign CAPFLIGHT XXXX or XXX, there may be a training exercise or actual mission, and this will probably be the best way to find the simplex frequencies.

K2QI

I once dated a girl who was a CAP pilot. A lot of fun to sleep with, but boy was she nuts...

Sorry for the OT. :D

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Possible CAP P25 - Western PA Area

A few days ago I picked up the following:

150.5625 NAC 167

There was a male and female (3103 and 3104) talking in the clear. Then the male switched to encrypted and the female acknowledged [in the clear] hearing him. But she was unable to figure out how to get her radio to go encrypted. They were talking about the fact that the equipment was new and that they need to find the manuals in the boxes.

On looking up 150.5625, I see that listed on Monix as a CAP narrowband freq - and in the Nov 2006 Monitoring Times I believe it lists it as a CAP freq (simplex).

In this case, I am quite sure it was a repeater out put on 150.5625. I can't say for sure if it was CAP, but whatever it was it was new and it was P25.

Mike

PS: Today encrypted P25 comms were heard briefly [and were very strong] on 150.5625 from Jefferson County, East Ohio - I'm guessing this is a repeater over in PA.

SIGNAL555

In Utah I'm hearing CAP comms on 143.900 and 148.175. Bot with a tone of 103.5
Just to be verify with you, are you hearing the same station on both frequencies (which might indicate a repeater frequency pair), or different stations using both frequencies as simplex?
SIGNAL

SIGNAL555

A few days ago I picked up the following:

150.5625 NAC 167

There was a male and female (3103 and 3104) talking in the clear. Then the male switched to encrypted and the female acknowledged [in the clear] hearing him. But she was unable to figure out how to get her radio to go encrypted. They were talking about the fact that the equipment was new and that they need to find the manuals in the boxes.

On looking up 150.5625, I see that listed on Monix as a CAP narrowband freq - and in the Nov 2006 Monitoring Times I believe it lists it as a CAP freq (simplex). In this case, I am quite sure it was a repeater out put on 150.5625. I can't say for sure if it was CAP, but whatever it was it was new and it was P25.

PS: Today encrypted P25 comms were heard briefly [and were very strong] on 150.5625 from Jefferson County, East Ohio - I'm guessing this is a repeater over in PA.

The Callsigns listed above are not full callsigns. If it were aircraft callsign would be CAPFLIGHT XXXX, if it were ground stations in PA, callsign would be PENNCAP XXXX, OH wing callsign: Red Thunder XXXX
Additional potential wing's (states) callsigns info can be found at:
Milcom Monitoring Post: CAP Ground Callsigns

Ohio wing's potential repeater locations can be found at the public website: Ohio Wing Headquarters - Civil Air Patrol, United States Air Force Auxiliary

I tend to believe this is a simplex frequency you are monitoring, since according to the previous reference to Larry VanHorn's milcom blog & frequencies, there was another 148 mhz frequency listed. Also the poster from UT seems to be indicating a potential repeater pair.
SIGNAL

Status
Not open for further replies.