Navy P25 380 MHZ SysID 14C: OmniLink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
This system recently appeared at Great Lakes NTC in suburban Chicago and I understand from others that the same System ID is used at other Navy facilities including some in the Gulf Coast area.

I am going to assume that they set this up this way to be able to use radios from one base at another but what I wonder is whether the system is a true OmniLink system or just a batch of independent trunked systems sharing a System ID.

If it is an OmniLink system then radios from the various bases should be able to talk to compatriots on other bases, otherwise their radios would just work locally.

cg

Premium Subscriber
At least the US Navy portion of it seems nationwide. Traffic from San Diego, Jacksonville, and others have been heard in New England. It would appear to be direct radio to radio as the RIDs are all different.

Look at a search of 14c under the TRS search and note that very few TGIDs are duplicated (especially the US Navy ones). I also suspect that some of the duplicated ones may be erroneous guesses.

chris

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I didn't, the question posed is if it is OmniLink or not.

Sorry for the confusion, I could have written it better!
No it isn't. Off times a unit will temporary deploy to another base for ops and take their radios with them.

A new system is developing in my area "Joint Expeditionary Base West Little Creek". Home of SEAL Team 2 & 6.

mancow

Database Admin
That would be bad ***.

The only "SEAL" team around here are the guys that harass you trying to sell you new home windows all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.