Northern Lights 364.2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Yesterday and today I have the Huntress Northern Lights activity logged over W.N.C. Working with Dragnet. 364.2000. Yesterday completing tracking checks. Lasted approximately 10 to 15 minutes over my area.
I don't necessarily understand the relationship between the three named entities. Today 'Huntress was stating they have not been able to contact 'Northern Lights' all day. 'Dragnet Uniform' reported to Huntress that they were reading them loud and clear.
I do understand that it all likely is a N.O.R.A.D. operation, Huntress is likely an E 3C, and that it is all related to AWACS activity (Northern Lights). It is just hard to figure out who is reporting to who. Who is the controller? Who is the actual craft out maneuvering per instructions? And of course, Who's on second????..

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Last edited:

AlphaFive

Northern Lights

That's really the only thing I was able to locate any reference to. It appears Huntress was out on whatever maneuver they were assigned, and were unable to contact whatever control system exists with 'Northern Lights'.. That ain't cool, wake up guys! Just kidding, I'm sure they have a tough job. Thanks for the reply

I didn't put this in yesterday, but I did receive Huntress initially announce 'Signal check AICC'. In looking at the Wiki link I was provided, that is the name given to one of the N.O.R.A.D. primary channels, AICC. All good stuff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.