Military use of P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I've been away from monitoring the military for awhile. I see several frequencies listed as P25. Are these typically encrypted, or are some in the clear?

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I've been away from monitoring the military for awhile. I see several frequencies listed as P25. Are these typically encrypted, or are some in the clear?
It all depends on the system, the only way to know for sure is to throw them in your radio and scan you'll find out pretty quick if it's encrypted. Also if you give us your location that may help us identify what systems are around you and someone who has better knowledge of those systems may be able to chime in and better help you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
It all depends on the system, the only way to know for sure is to throw them in your radio and scan you'll find out pretty quick if it's encrypted. Also if you give us your location that may help us identify what systems are around you and someone who has better knowledge of those systems may be able to chime in and better help you.

I'm in Macomb Township/Macomb County Michigan. My new BCD996P2 arrives today. I was trying to get a head start with programing.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Yes, Some units use encryption and some don't. At the base where I live they use both P25 digital encryption and non encryption.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
The NJ Air National Guard here at Atlantic City, NJ uses P.25 Phase 1. Half the time they are in the clear and the other half the transmissions are encrypted.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
All I can find on RR's database in Michigan is what's shown below. Both are indicated that they're encrypted. I find it odd, that they also use analog un-encrpted all the time.

U.S. Coast Guard

Operations
NextLevel.gif

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag 167.11250 BM

AG-101 Tawas Coast Guard Station P25E Military 167.62500 BM
AG-102 Essexville Saginaw River Station P25e Military

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Fort Leonard Wood, MO uses ENC on most of the military operations except for the hotel shuttle, maintenance and Range Control. Sometimes someone turns off ENC on accident and I get some action.

Status
Not open for further replies.