Strange new vhf freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Hi guys, durring the past 72 hours I found vhf Lilyto be very strong. So, I got bored last night and ran a search from 153 - 161 mhz. Many signals. Today, I reviewed last nights catch and found an interesting freq for ya....
156.1575..... Dc 445, repeater..
I have heard plenty of mil chat, and these guys sound like an active afb.. I tried all my tricks to locate a name, and most of my results were in public safety.. But, this is mil squawk I am hearing... Vhf yet, hmmmm. Any ideas?
I heard something from a friend about jets flying in for patrol, but I can not confirm that, just the freq. I tuned it many times for a tone.. Dc 445, every time..
Thanks.... ,, they did mention Manchester nh airport a lot..

ipfd320

Banned
I Did a Search on the Freq Listed Above and There are 69 Active Users Across the Country out of 76 Listed in the FCC Data Base Search All Public Safety Pool

ecps92

As the states of Maine and New Hampshire have Nothing Licensed and the nearest user is in Mass and the EMA, I am going with... IMAGE or an ADJ +/- frequency

Nothing stands out with D445 from the SNE Database
I Did a Search on the Freq Listed Above and There are 69 Active Users Across the Country out of 76 Listed in the FCC Data Base Search All Public Safety Pool

ecps92

Make/Models of the scanners?
Each could have the same I.F. to cause the image problem.

D455 ? not D445 ??
I will get you guys a clip today.. Be advised, I tuned that freq with 3 scanners, programmed. Still same result.. 156.1575, dc 455.

mainetrunk

It kills me to say this, last night that freq tuned perfectly to 156.1575. Today it is best on 156.165.. Still, dc 445.. And it is giving my ferret antenna 5 bars..uniden 15 x scanner, 396 xt, and pro 197

Last edited:

DannyM86

Premium Subscriber
I'm getting it today on Boscawen NH Local 156.1650 D445. Sounds like an Airport tower, maybe/possible MHT.

vocoder

A fm vhf patch for emergency services?

Around here, the emergency rigs monitor am tower on their radios but find the am modulation plaqued with noise that often breaks squelch.
Some depts installed a fm vhf patch to their vhf radio system

Last edited:

ecps92

We've had that as Boscawen DPW, maybe someone hit the wrong button in Dispatch and patched ?

See if 158.9775 is the same traffic

I'm getting it today on Boscawen NH Local 156.1650 D445. Sounds like an Airport tower, maybe/possible MHT.

mainetrunk

On the bandscope, it went to 156.1625... I watched for an hour.. Well, I got a witness, I am happy... Now, who the heck would set that up? And you would think boscowen dpw would have heard that by now.. Question,,,,, could a mil outfit move in to an area and claim that channel for emergency ops? I only ask cause I heard the fly boys would be patrolling the east coast like crazy.. I personally have seen an increase in jets, and lo flying monster jets..
Thanks for the help..

Status
Not open for further replies.