The Jones Beach Air Show (May 25-27,2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipfd320

Banned
U.S. Navy Blue Angels to Return for 2018 - The 15th annual air show will also feature an F-22 Raptor and More.

Alot of Radio Ops at This Event--State & County PD / FD / EMS / D.O.T / PD Avaition & Marine / FD Marine / React / State Parks PD---This is a Great Oppertunity to Find Those Elusive Frequencies Encrypt and Not Encrypt---New and Old---700 / 800 / DMR and Who Knows What Else Can be Found

Friday is the Practice Runs-- Start Time is at 12:00

Im Not Sure if the Angles are Coming into Republic or McArthur--If Others Have Info Please Post

W2LIE has Frequencies Listed From Last Years Show--These Have the Thunderbirds also Listed--But I Dont Think Much has Changed--HERE is His Link

Forums / General / Off Topic / Anything Goes / JONES BEACH AIR SHOW--(May 25th-26th & 27th,2018)--(INFORMATION) - W2LIE.net | Monitor Long Island, Inc.

HERE is the AIR SHOW Link
Jones Beach Air Show 2018 U.S. Navy Blue Angels - Long Island, New York

Tech792

In addition to the above event, the Parade of Ships will be entering NY Harbor for Fleet Week (I think today). In years past, the convoy used 277.8 for navigating the fleet. (US Navy common)

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Im Not Sure if the Angles are Coming into Republic or McArthur--If Others Have Info Please Post

Was over my folks today who live close to FRG Republic. Read on w2lie the times they were set to arrive but no one showed up buy the time I left. There was some chatter regarding the marines that were there for the arresting cable thats set up on the runway. Phil had the following listed

Code:
Wednesday:
1700hrs: #7 Arrives at Republic

Thursday:
0800hrs: C-130 Arrives as Republic
0900hrs: #1 - #6 Arrives at Republic
1400hrs: Air Show Practice at Jones Beach
1500hrs: Return to Republic

The chatter I heard was that the number 7 was to arrive today at 2 pm. The marines were going to be back for that. Did not hear anything about any others or fat Albert. When I left Farmingdae, I did not notice fat Albert or any other angels. They had the X blockers up this morning then had them removed by 3pm.

Not sure whats going on but today POTUS was also in town, in Bethpage, the next town over. I live not from from Islip airport and am keeping my ears open. I do believe the angels staged at Islip last time they were here..

scannersnstuff

Last week I saw an osprey over the ocean. This week, 2 blackhawks, and 3 pavehawk's<?> over sandy hook. I wondered if they were involved.

ipfd320

Banned
http://airshow.jonesbeach.com/

These are the Performers for the Air Show

United States Navy Blue Angels,
Royal Canadian Air Force Snowbirds,
U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor (Lockheed Martin)
United States Army Golden Knights
Sean D. Tucker
Team Oracle
John Klatt Airshows &#8211; &#8220;Screamin Sasquatch&#8221;
Matt Chapman &#8211; Embry Riddle - David Windmiller -
GEICO Skytypers
American Air Power Museum Warbirds
SUNY Farmingdale Aviation
106th Rescue Wing

(Static Displays: NY Guard Military Vehicles)---(Announcer: Rob Reider)---(Airboss: Wayne Boggs)

And Yes W2LIE will be Live Video Streaming the Event for the 13th Year Now--Link Below

News - W2LIE.net | Monitor Long Island, Inc.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
The Blue Angels just landed at Republic Airport in Farmingdale. Did not see Fat Albert anywhere as of yet. But they are here.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I didn't catch anything new. The old Blue Angel's freqs were busy as usual.
They were also active yesterday when they finally left Republic for their next stop.

I have the audio archived and will eventually get them online.

Status
Not open for further replies.