Eden Prairie Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

fwfdengine2

From the looks of the status on the Eden Prairie Police and Fire feed saying "THIS FEED IS DONE!" I think there is a great chance that it's not coming back online.

Is there someone else that would be willing to host the feed?

EP-FMAIN
EP-FGND1
EP-FGND2
EP-FGND3
EP-FGND4
EP-PTRL1

Thank you, fwfdengine2

mnwriter

From the looks of the status on the Eden Prairie Police and Fire feed saying "THIS FEED IS DONE!" I think there is a great chance that it's not coming back online.

Is there someone else that would be willing to host the feed?

EP-FMAIN
EP-FGND1
EP-FGND2
EP-FGND3
EP-FGND4
EP-PTRL1

Thank you, fwfdengine2

Yes, it looks that way to me too. Does anyone know why the previous host sounded so frustrated?

AustinP22

We want EP audio feed back

I agree, I was heartbroken when I saw that the feed was not available anymore. What happened? I noticed that Minnetonka showed up recently. Think the guy broadcasting it moved there? Maybe he just lost interest?
I would love to get the EP feed back online. I love listening to my home town (even though nothing much really happens there).

I went to Radio Shack today. A new digital trunker is on sale for $330. Plus then you have to try to get it programmed correctly. Or you can buy a Home Patrol unit that programs its self and its $500.

Let's all chip in and buy it, I'll host it and make sure its online.

fwfdengine2

I agree, I was heartbroken when I saw that the feed was not available anymore. What happened? I noticed that Minnetonka showed up recently. Think the guy broadcasting it moved there? Maybe he just lost interest?
I would love to get the EP feed back online. I love listening to my home town (even though nothing much really happens there).

I went to Radio Shack today. A new digital trunker is on sale for $330. Plus then you have to try to get it programmed correctly. Or you can buy a Home Patrol unit that programs its self and its $500.

Let's all chip in and buy it, I'll host it and make sure its online.

I have a feeling that he or she just got fed up with all of the P25 simulcast garble he or she had to deal with.

I would say go with a uniden (not a home patrol, though).. but as long as we can get a scanner to broadcast! I can help with the programming, too.

fwfdengine2

SCPD

QRT
I will give it a shot. The scanner will be in the Columbia Heights area so hopefully I will get a decent decode rate from the Hennepin East tower.

SCPD

QRT
I have applied for a feed. Initial testing looks promising with just a few dropouts so if approved I should have this feed up in a few days hopefully!!

SCPD

QRT
The feed is online. There is a minor pop at the beginning of transmissions that I am working on. The audio levels are being tweaked as well. As time provides I will work on those issues. I am also planning to add a Minneapolis Police feed in the future as well.

SCPD

QRT
No problem!. I will be working on the audio next week so there maybe times that the feed is down, but so far I am pretty happy with the results. My power went out last night and the UPS only lasted about 30 minutes so there was a bit of an outage on both my feeds

AustinP22

Awesome!

I am very excited to have found this feed online again. I'm not sure what I did with all the downtime since the feed went away but I am thrilled to have it back. Thank you. It sounds great!

SCPD

QRT
I will be pulling this feed at midnight tonight as a protest to the new site which will screw feed providers. I had a message in the status box about the feeds terminating, but RR decided to delete it. This will also affect my Hennepin County Sheriff feed as well. I have put allot of my time and money to provide feeds to RR and in return given a complimentary Premium Subscription which was fair. Now feed providers don't get much with the new site making it not worthwhile anymore. Sorry about this but if things change. the feeds will return.

I will be pulling this feed at midnight tonight as a protest to the new site which will screw feed providers. I had a message in the status box about the feeds terminating, but RR decided to delete it. This will also affect my Hennepin County Sheriff feed as well. I have put allot of my time and money to provide feeds to RR and in return given a complimentary Premium Subscription which was fair. Now feed providers don't get much with the new site making it not worthwhile anymore. Sorry about this but if things change. the feeds will return.

I'm sorry to hear that you have pulled the feed. I enjoyed listening to it nearly every day, and want to thank you for your efforts.

While I am disappointed, I can understand your stance on the issue based on the info you posted. I hope that one day you will post the feed again.

AustinP22

Bummer

That's sad but I understand. Let us EP feed appreciators know where to direct our discontent with their changes. Maybe we should make our own Rebel RR site with free membership.

granbjd22

I am very saddened too that us listeners have lost this feed. It was the Only one I listened to. :-( Now I don't listen at all.... I can't say I understand all the issues, I'm just a good scanner listener and Will agree with your decision to stop the feed. It was very much appreciated while you had it up.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
You could host it yourself and use a service like no-ip to hide your IP address and then just distribute it to your most loyal listeners.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Maybe we should make our own Rebel RR site with free membership.

We used to have Scan Fan, but the person who owned the server was forced to shut it down. (Don't remember exactly why) Plus, it didn't have much activity anyway.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.