Chisago County 800 Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Hey All,

I live in Lindstrom MN. Our new Comm Center for the County is in Center City. 3 miles east of my house. When I am at home and or out and about I cannot pick up the 800 at all. When I go to or near the Comm Center the 800 is loud and clear. Today I was in Taylors Falls and we've got a Tower across the river. Again, recpetion was loud and clear. Does this mean the Towers are not on all the way? Anyone know what's up?

It's really bugging me as I want to be able to use my Scanner while at home! People have suggested an outdoor antenna, but looking at the reception in the Cities while out vs at home, I don't feel I should need one.

Thanks

unclebubba

I live in NB and have no reception issues. And on my drive to/from work, I cross the river at Osceola and have no reception issues in the car either.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Ryan,

I was on vacation last week and I was in Chisago County quite a little bit and I was thinking how well they sounded throughout the county. I would be curious to know what radio you are using and what antenna.

Jim

Last edited:

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
I live in NB and have no reception issues. And on my drive to/from work, I cross the river at Osceola and have no reception issues in the car either.

I am guessing you take 95 to the TF bridge? Almelund has a Tower as well as NB and TF. You shouldent have any issues with your drive.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Ryan,

I was on vacation last week and I was in Chisago County quite a little bit and I was thinking how well they sounded throughout the county. I would be curious to know what radio you are using and what antenna.

Jim

Well, I've got a RS Pro-106 with the 800 MHz Antenna. I've searched and attempted to find some new CC's to see if that helps and havent had any luck...

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Is the Chisago County sub-system a simulcast system, by chance?

The local system I monitor is a simulcast system. In addition to the "garble" discussed elsewhere, there are places in my area where I do not receive anything. I know I'm within coverage. Typically between a couple of sites.

unclebubba

Ryan,
I will add that I've been doing some rearranging in my home this week. I live about 1 mile from the NB tower. When I disconnected my outdoor antenna I temporarily used the antenna that came with my 996XT. Reception was really pretty poor. Lots of garbled transmissions. When I hooked my outdoor antenna back up, all problems were solved. I have something similar to this antenna. I would strongly encourage anyone to try something like this if you have a house or place to mount it.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Is the Chisago County sub-system a simulcast system, by chance?

The local system I monitor is a simulcast system. In addition to the "garble" discussed elsewhere, there are places in my area where I do not receive anything. I know I'm within coverage. Typically between a couple of sites.

Ryan,
I will add that I've been doing some rearranging in my home this week. I live about 1 mile from the NB tower. When I disconnected my outdoor antenna I temporarily used the antenna that came with my 996XT. Reception was really pretty poor. Lots of garbled transmissions. When I hooked my outdoor antenna back up, all problems were solved. I have something similar to this antenna. I would strongly encourage anyone to try something like this if you have a house or place to mount it.

Chisago County is a Simlcast System. I live 3 miles from the Comm Center in Center City. I believe I am in between them, Alemund and Stacy's tower, possibly North Branch as well. I will look into that Antenna. Funny thing is, I was looking at that Antenna today at RS!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.