horrible reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtle16

im useing a BCD436HP Is there any reason that my Error rate is so high tonight? when im locked on to this site i have full bars
The first pic was taken this morning the second was taken this evening.
GZCExcV.jpg

YV84SBq.jpg

turtle16

That can happen randomly?
i know next the nothing about it im just wondering.

stmills

Tree leaves can impact reception, what is your error rate doing today? I know on the older Unidens you can make adjustment to tune the signal/error rates but I don't know if that can be done on the new ones.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There are P25 Threshold Mode and P25 Threshold Level settings for each site. They can be accessed either with Sentinel or through the scanner (Managing Favorites Lists menu).

Here in Louisville there are some days where the simulcast system's decoding isn't too good. Then there are some days when its better than usual. My sense is that when the weather is bad, such as rainy, decoding degrades.

SCPD

QRT
Some days I get an ARMER simulcast site just perfect, no drop outs, garbled audio, etc. Nothing on my end will change and the following day reception will be in the toilet. It's the nature of the beast, when it's good it sounds excellent, when it doesn't frustration sets in.

NDRADIONUT

Database Admin
A guy in duluth put a 3.25" antenna in an empty paint can and aimed the open end at the nearest site...

stmills

Any updates on what your error rate is doing? What tower are you monitoring? Where is your location in relation to the tower you are monitoring ?

turtle16

Any updates on what your error rate is doing? What tower are you monitoring? Where is your location in relation to the tower you are monitoring ?

using a yagi antenna i have. the error rate has gotten down to the mid 50s. i'm monitoring the carver/scott tower in Shakopee at 13751 ZUMBRO AVE witch is 4.5 miles from me
im in chaska and can see the tower on a clear day from the room my scanner is in.

stmills

Have you tried getting Hennepin East-201- off the Shakopee tower Control Channel of 852.3625, to see what your signal strength and Error rate are- Hennepin has a higher antenna on the tower than Scott County does and is at a higher power.
Scott - 63 meters 17 watts into 5dBi antenna max power of 87 Watts- 360 degrees coverage
Hennepin - 66 meters 70 watts into 11.5 dBi max power of 140 Watts -120 degrees coverage.

I suspect some tuning may be in order- if you are getting full bars but high error rate, I have fixed this on my 396T with fine tuning.

turtle16

Have you tried getting Hennepin East-201- off the Shakopee tower Control Channel of 852.3625, to see what your signal strength and Error rate are- Hennepin has a higher antenna on the tower than Scott County does and is at a higher power.
Scott - 63 meters 17 watts into 5dBi antenna max power of 87 Watts- 360 degrees coverage
Hennepin - 66 meters 70 watts into 11.5 dBi max power of 140 Watts -120 degrees coverage.

I suspect some tuning may be in order- if you are getting full bars but high error rate, I have fixed this on my 396T with fine tuning.

Yep i have full bars off hennepin East and Carver/scott on that site Hennepins error rate is at most 20%

Status
Not open for further replies.