Dakota County Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
My apologies for the poor crop, but i figured that I would leave this here... Please be mindful of the Forum rules against posting negative comments regarding the increasing use of encryption due to the prevalence of streaming audio services.
IMG_2218.jpg

SCPD

QRT
Looks like they want an encrypted TG like a car-car, admin, tac, etc like other agencies here in the metro have done. I don't think it would be their main dispatch ones. Their right on about streaming of their comms, streaming and monitoring apps are going to kill our hobby. Who knows in a couple of years down the road as radios are replaced with new ones that come with encryption already installed, more enc will start to show up on ARMER. Streaming and more models of scanners available that can receive ARMER, agencies are more concerned and want to implement encryption. It's not time to cry wolf but times are a changing so be prepared for it one day stuff goes silent.

dgruber

Just an FYI Eagan PD just got APX6000's and they have been deployed. Not sure if they have encrypted talkgroups in them but I will get my hands on one of them in the coming weeks and find out. (I am a Police Explorer for Eagan.)

Oriley

I think it was last summer they were chasing someone near Hibbing and after going in the ditch and running they had a pretty good perimeter. After a while one of the guys said, "maybe we should go encrypted in case he's listening" or something like that.

Every once in a while I would hear something but mostly quiet. I don't know, smoke signals? ;)

kb0uxv

Just an FYI Eagan PD just got APX6000's and they have been deployed. Not sure if they have encrypted talkgroups in them but I will get my hands on one of them in the coming weeks and find out. (I am a Police Explorer for Eagan.)

Providing intelligence about department equipment on a public forum may be a good way to get asked to leave the explorer program.

Grubber197162

I also agree DGruber, as a Former Explorer with Eagan myself. you should probably delete this comment immediately as I know for a fact releasing this kind of information from the police department will get you booted from explorers and quite possibly in more trouble. hopefully it is not too late and the wrong person has not seen that info yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.