10 code

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtstc

Ø
I've always known it as an unofficial "I have to pee". Draw your own conclusions for 10-200, but they are in the same family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvendt

mmtstc,
I like your signature. You should add, " After you get your real computer return your hybrid to the dealer and get a real car".

dvendt

Not sure what agency it was. I just heard it again and this time it was used as to mean " arrest warrant".
" Person has a 10-100, non-extraditable".

W5RGP

I've always known it as an unofficial "I have to pee". Draw your own conclusions for 10-200, but they are in the same family.

That's usually what will be 10-6 station r means too lol

DJ11DLN

They call it "10-6 for personal maintenance" here. It always amazes me how much codes, signals, verbal shorthand, etc varies from one area to another.

DJ11DLN

Makes it quite difficult for inter-agency cooperation. I would think.
I was speaking in broader terms. In my area they all pretty much use the same codes, signals, and jargon. Just commenting on how many different ways PS across the country has of telling each other that they are going to stop for a pee break. And other things too, for that matter; there seems to be a lot of variance, but I don't know where the geographical borders are between "10-X" meaning A, B, or W. I always heard for example that in the NYC area, "10-13" meant "Officer taking fire." Here it means, "Gimme a weather and road report." Pretty big disparity, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.